Moparts

tf-3 shift kit

Posted By: lifted85

tf-3 shift kit - 04/30/14 08:30 AM

hey guy's i was thinking today & want to here your guy's thought's on the TF-3 kit. im running 1 in my 81 shorty 2wd & it shift's HARD, meaning it kinda make's the truck buck a little, now i was told it's the way i shift?? your supposed to let of the gas & then shift... i am not running a kick down cable the lever it open all the way IIRC could that be the problem?? i have told it's normal of the tf-3 kit to shift hard but want to hear your guy's input.. thanks
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: tf-3 shift kit - 04/30/14 04:52 PM

No, don't lift on shifts on a MVB auto. It shifts hard because you've got a manual valve body. Theres no throttle pressure input, you've got full line pressure all the time, so the way the transmission sees it you are always at WOT. If you want soft shifts you need an automatic valve body and a throttle pressure lever setup.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: tf-3 shift kit - 04/30/14 05:35 PM

Quote:

No, don't lift on shifts on a MVB auto. It shifts hard because you've got a manual valve body. Theres no throttle pressure input, you've got full line pressure all the time, so the way the transmission sees it you are always at WOT.

That's what I was thinking the TF3 is designed to be acting like
Posted By: mrrandyj

Re: tf-3 shift kit - 04/30/14 07:42 PM

You can hook up the kickdown linkage with the tf-3 kit and it will make the shifts much less harsh at part throttle
Posted By: lifted85

Re: tf-3 shift kit - 05/01/14 07:02 AM

thats what i thought, so it's normal i ain't going to worry to much about it.. thanks guy's
© 2024 Moparts Forums