Moparts

1971 Challenger Rear Brake Job Parts?

Posted By: newvcode

1971 Challenger Rear Brake Job Parts? - 04/27/14 04:18 AM

I'm trying to get all the parts needed to do the rear brakes and axle seals on my '71 Challenger.
- Ceramic pads
- Rear axle seal
- Rear axle backing plate gasket

I would also like to get a new booster check valve…. just because.

I have looked in all the usual places to get everything at one time… even Year One…Am I missing something, is my nomenclature off somehow? Why can't I find this stuff?

ANd… more importantly where can I find it?

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 1971 Challenger Rear Brake Job Parts? - 04/27/14 04:26 AM

shoes/hardware kit (springs etc) for 1 axle (or per axle) which covers both sides/7/8" wheel cyls (Doc on here has em)/1 pair of foam seals/1 pair of steel shim gaskets/pair of inner seals (they're at the end of the housing but are further in than the seals in the retainers so they are listed as inner seals). Needle attachment ($5) for your grease gun for greaseing the roller bearings
Posted By: dart440

Re: 1971 Challenger Rear Brake Job Parts? - 04/29/14 01:02 AM

Unless you've switched to disc brakes in the rear, you'll have brake shoes, not pads. Don't know of anyone who makes ceramic brake shoes, they'll be organic or semi-metallic.

Most auto parts stores can get you the spring kits (called hardware or combi) kits, wheel cylinders or rebuild kits, and the axle bearings/seal kits. If it's an 8-3/4, you can buy a bearing kit that has all the pieces to do 1 side (may also come with the seal/adjuster plate). Dr. Diff (here on Moparts) should be abld to get you all you need.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: 1971 Challenger Rear Brake Job Parts? - 04/29/14 01:31 AM

Ceramic shoes here http://musclecarbrakes.com/bib6572charger.html
Or you could get everything from doctordiff
Gus

Attached picture 8127409-frontveiwsavoy.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums