Moparts

Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube

Posted By: 70Cudha

Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube - 04/22/14 07:33 AM

I've dropped a Gen II 426 Hemi world block into my 70 cuda and I'm having issues with my Year One dipstick tube. The tube doesn't fit properly between the cast reproduction manifolds and steering box. I was hoping to find a stock in appearance tube. I would consider the Lokar tube if it fit better and sacrifice appearance for functionality.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thx
Kim
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube - 04/22/14 02:36 PM

Try Roger Gibson, theirs might work. Think you're having trouble now, wait till you put headers on it and try to get a dip stick to fit.
Posted By: 70Cudha

Re: Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube - 04/24/14 05:57 AM

Thx 71Bird. I forgot to mention I have Schumacher mounts if that makes a difference.
Posted By: Rustydog

Re: Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube - 04/24/14 06:36 PM

Dip stick tube was a real problem for me. I have a Hemi in a 70 challenger. Stage IV engineering heads and big TTI headers. The tube cannot be installed without the headers in place and the engine cannot be installed with the header on. I put the engine in the car then the header. It was impossible to install the tube. I had to remove the engine put the header on. Figure out where to cut the tube. Then put the lower tube in. Put the engine in. Put the headers in, secure the mounts and then re-connect the tube using a 3/8" compression fitting. Also the tube mount tab had to be re-located too.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube - 04/24/14 09:24 PM

The only tube that will even halfway fit with headers, is the one from Manicini made for headers. But they have the mount tab in the wrong place, and it has to be relocated. Evevn then it's not up front where it belongs.
A Hemi will go in with headers installed if it goes in from the bottom.
Posted By: sthemi

Re: Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube - 04/25/14 02:15 AM

Mine came from Mega parts. No fun to install and does not fit the way I thought it was going to...
here is the photo of the tube in the proper position. Hope it helps.

Attached picture 8123342-PICT0687.jpg
Posted By: HEMIDOG 70

Re: Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube - 04/25/14 02:52 AM

I ended up using the milodon flexible dipstick after trying to reform a repro stock style one. I have 2 1/8" tti headers. The engine with headers and dipstick went in from the bottom. I wouldn't want to try to install the dipstick with the engine in the car.

Attached picture 8123398-IMG_2244resizedformoparts.jpg
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube - 04/25/14 04:31 PM

Quote:

I ended up using the milodon flexible dipstick after trying to reform a repro stock style one. I have 2 1/8" tti headers. The engine with headers and dipstick went in from the bottom. I wouldn't want to try to install the dipstick with the engine in the car.

I used the Milodon flexible dipstick too. I tried a few different stock style tubes and none would work w/ my 2 1/4" headers.
Posted By: mickm

Re: Gen II 426 Hemi oil pan dipstick tube - 04/25/14 05:41 PM

one that works well is the 64/65 race hemi reproduction from crossram connections. it fits around 2 1/8 headers nicely, and i think only needs a little bit of massaging.
© 2024 Moparts Forums