Moparts

Troubleshooting temp issue

Posted By: cal_gecko

Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 01:09 AM

mild 360 in my '71 Dart with a 26" radiator (with shroud and flex fan) is running hot... takes about 20 minutes of driving but it gets up to about 235 degrees (even when it's 35 degrees out).. I tried a new radiator cap - same problem...

What's the most effective way for me to troubleshoot to determine whether there's a blockage in the radiator or in the block - or if there's something else going on?

If it's the radiator, I'm just gonna buy one of the Champion aluminum units sold here by a member for less than $200 delivered.. I just want to make sure that's the issue before I drop another $200
Posted By: RJS

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 01:19 AM

When your car gets to 235 does it boil over?
Buy the cap that was suggested to you about two weeks ago that tells you the temp. right on it to determine if it's a gauge issue.
Or at the very least when it's 235 can you with it running slowly open the cap to see what's going on in there and/or use a meat type thermometer.
Ron
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 01:23 AM

I'm assuming the timing is in the ballpark & the mixture is also (no vac leak). Is that stoplight to stoplight driving? If you take it out on the highway what does the temp do? I'd maybe shoot it with an IR gun to confirm what the temp actually is & my first step would be to toss the stat for a day which wont hurt things. What's the history of the radiator? You mentioned the cap, is it loosing coolant?
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 02:21 AM

If you just want to make some random guess. I'd start with the radiator. They age and clog up with build up.

Not often is there problems with the block.

Does it get hot while idling or how about coasting down a hill in neutral, will it pull the temp down?
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 02:35 AM

Quote:

mild 360 in my '71 Dart with a 26" radiator (with shroud and flex fan) is running hot... takes about 20 minutes of driving but it gets up to about 235 degrees (even when it's 35 degrees out).. I tried a new radiator cap - same problem...

What's the most effective way for me to troubleshoot to determine whether there's a blockage in the radiator or in the block - or if there's something else going on?

If it's the radiator, I'm just gonna buy one of the Champion aluminum units sold here by a member for less than $200 delivered.. I just want to make sure that's the issue before I drop another $200

Please don't buy a new radiator yet.

First get rid of the flex fan, it won't work and it won't last.

IMO Run a real mopar fan, I use the "216" fan, but there is another MP fan sold that works way better than any flex fan.

Please start there.
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 02:45 AM

Check the initial and total timing and repor back! Is the vacu advance connected?
Posted By: RSNOMO

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 03:00 AM

'Hot while idling'??? First...

What do you know about the condition of that block???

Coolant passages clear???

Have a rad shop check-out yer rad if in doubt...

OEM rad works just fine, and is my first choice...

Get rid of the flex-find a 7-blade A/C fan...
Posted By: 67vertman

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 05:54 AM

This issue of Hotrod has an article titled "We tackle every cooling system problem known to man"

It is very informative!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Rod-January-2014-/181256665246?pt=Magazines&hash=item2a33bd389e

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 06:42 AM

Quote:

Buy the cap that was suggested to you about two weeks ago that tells you the temp. right on it to determine if it's a gauge issue.
Or at the very least when it's 235 can you with it running slowly open the cap to see what's going on in there and/or use a meat type thermometer.
Ron

I had that cap on it tonight... it also showed 230

Attached picture 7948829-radcap.jpg

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 06:46 AM

sorry guys.. I misreported on the type of fan... it's an OEM fan .. and it's in the shroud, so it should be pulling plenty of air through.

Timing is set and no vacuum leaks.. I resolved those issues last year when I was trying to get it running right

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 03:53 PM

Then it's lean, most old motors are today because of the ethanol gas. Jet it up, I bet you it will help.

You sure the timing is correct?

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 09:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ron

OK good so we know it's a real # then.

Does it get to that # just with time or time and cruising?
What I'm getting at is it a stuck in traffic (low airflow) problem or cruising problem too?

Top and bottom of radiator same temp?
Pull thermostat to see what temp. it is and or replace with 180 or 160.
Could belt be loose and slipping?
Lastly is there a spring in lower hose?
Ron
Posted By: Paul_Fancsali

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 09:35 PM

Some suggestions Make sure you are running a 8 blade water pump and no more then 35-40% antifreeze. Get a Mopar rad if possible they are expensive but worth it. Be sure there is no exhaust restictions IE Mice nests etc from all the sitting Also the thermostat I pulled a broken one out of a car last week first one in decades If you are using aftermarket AFB design it is too lean, do yourself a favor and get a older Carter AVS or a Holley
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 11:23 PM

Quote:

You sure the timing is correct?

Everyones timing is set the question is where is it set
Posted By: 67coronetman

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 11:26 PM

I would use a clutch fan just saying it helped me i had a flex fan & it never did the job..
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 11:32 PM

Check the thermostate.. Ive seen new 1s that were bad.. Yours may not be opening up all the way..
Posted By: 67coronetman

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/06/13 11:34 PM

Yes good point i agree.. good to check that too.

Quote:

Check the thermostate.. Ive seen new 1s that were bad.. Yours may not be opening up all the way..

Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 03:29 AM

what temp t-stat?
Got access to a thermal heat gun?
How hot is the bottom tank compared the the top? Are the cores of the radiator hot all the way across?
Does the temp go down if you turn the interior heat on high? (heater core is just a small radiator).
When at 230 does the air the fan is pulling while the engine running feel hot?

I feel that even if your timing was off, that at 35-45 degrees ambient there should be enough heat exchange for it to run normal "IF" the radiator is flowing.

What's the condition of the coolant?
Has it ever been brown/rusty?

Not sure how it is up there, but finding a radiator shop is near to impossible anymore.

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 05:04 AM

OK... so I know that reading spark plugs can help see how the engine is running.. so I took a few photos of one of the plugs today.. this is after driving it home from work last night, and no running today.

Attached picture 7949878-IMG_5182.jpg

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 05:04 AM

Attached picture 7949879-IMG_5183.jpg

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 05:05 AM

Attached picture 7949880-IMG_5185.jpg

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 05:07 AM

Tomorrow I'll do some further checking and temp measurements per your advice (bottom of radiator versus top, checking the lower hose (I did put a spring in it last year when I realized it was collapsing when it ran), and I may just pull the thermostat out to see how warm it runs without one for a bit...

And to answer the question about how I was driving it.. I was doing about 50mph on long open stretches, with outside air around 35 degrees F.

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 05:29 AM

Quote:

And to answer the question about how I was driving it.. I was doing about 50mph on long open stretches, with outside air around 35 degrees F.

My , the radiator (assuming the stat is opening all the way).

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 05:31 AM

Just checked timing.. about 25 degrees advance at idle, and 42 at about 2800-3000 rpm
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 06:01 AM

Your timing numbers are high. Back them off to 18 at idle, which will net you 35 total, which is much more reasonable. Don't know if that will help the overheating much though. :twocents

I am assuming we are talking about mechanical advance only.........and now that I think about it I think my assumption is wrong.......

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 07:11 AM

Those plugs look like its running real lean..You want them to be slightly tan..

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 09:10 AM

realized that when I was checking timing, I didn't disconnect the vacuum advance from the distributor.

I'll do some research on how to make the mixture richer on the carb (Edelbrock Performer 600cfm)

Which sucks, because the car's getting 8 mpg as it is.. I'm guessing if I go richer, it'll get worse!
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 01:58 PM

Quote:

realized that when I was checking timing, I didn't disconnect the vacuum advance from the distributor.

Which sucks, because the car's getting 8 mpg as it is.. I'm guessing if I go richer, it'll get worse!

Why do you have vacuum advance at idle?

LEan misfire can cause poor mileage too.
Posted By: ahy

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 02:51 PM

If its overheating at 35 F with decent fan something is seriously out of whack.

As a useful and low cost diagnostic, suggest you remove the T stat and run it. As mentioned above, run it with the cap off for a while and watch for coolant flow in the top tank.

If removing the stat improves temps it is a bad stat. If you don't see coolant flow either the radiator is seriously blocked or the water pump is fubar. Its rare, but the blades can rust off the pump.

If you suspect the radiator, you can pull it and get it checked out at a rad shop.

Also, mild "at home" flush of the block and radiator wouldn't hurt. I rig up an adapter to go from garden hose to radiator hose. 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" PVC pipe matches rad hose diameter pretty well. With stat removed, rig it up to flush the block or radiator.
Posted By: idrivevintage

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 03:36 PM

Quote:

sorry guys.. I misreported on the type of fan... it's an OEM fan .. and it's in the shroud, so it should be pulling plenty of air through.

Is it a clutch type or a direct blade? Also I believe you want the blades of the fan to sit about 3/4 of the way into the shroud...is that where yours are
Posted By: mcmopars

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 04:53 PM

where are you at with this?let us know

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 05:24 PM

I'll pull the thermostat out today (crap, I don't know if I have any gaskets sitting around... might have to run to the store to get one) and test that...

for reference, here's a top view of the rad/fan/shround.. it's a fixed blade fan.

Attached picture 7950258-radiator.jpg

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 05:30 PM

It appears that the fan needs to be spaced farther into the shroud which is needed at lower speeds but is a non issue for it to be overheating at 50MPH. Something else is going on

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 06:06 PM

Quote:

It appears that the fan needs to be spaced farther into the shroud which is needed at lower speeds but is a non issue for it to be overheating at 50MPH. Something else is going on

I'm suspecting a blockage in the radiator. I'll check the thermostat today.. and if that doesn't work, I'll disconnect the hoses on the radiator, and see if I can run water through it with the garden hose. I guess that should tell me if there's a blockage.

It does sound like I may be running lean too .. which is surprising because the exhaust is pretty pungent .. but I'll need to look up how to richen the mixture on the Edelbrock carb.

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 06:14 PM

Quote:

It does sound like I may be running lean too .. which is surprising because the exhaust is pretty pungent .. but I'll need to look up how to richen the mixture on the Edelbrock carb.

Actually a lean misfire can make it smell gassy as the mixture does not ignite in that cyl or random cyls & goes out the tailpipe. Take off the metering rod caps & remove the metering rod piston/rod assys & put something under the spring(s) to block them up then replace the assys & take her out for a spin & you'll be on the "power" step which is way richer

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 07:13 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Actually a lean misfire can make it smell gassy as the mixture does not ignite in that cyl or random cyls & goes out the tailpipe. Take off the metering rod caps & remove the metering rod piston/rod assys & put something under the spring(s) to block them up then replace the assys & take her out for a spin & you'll be on the "power" step which is way richer

I'll take a look and see if I can visualize what you're talking about a bit better. Not sure what "something" would be that would be appropriate to put under the springs to block them up .. .i'll see ..

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 07:58 PM

Yes I would push that Fan in another 1/2 inch also but not the problem you are describing.

Question is that a 2 row radiator or 3??
Ron

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 09:16 PM

did a little more digging today.. removed the thermostat and ran it ... saw no water movement in the top of the radiator. Here's a shot of the inside.. I'm guessing this is my problem

Attached picture 7950553-1477695_10152082719356675_1626214831_n.jpg

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 09:22 PM

Quote:

Here's a shot of the inside.. I'm guessing this is my problem

, now we know

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 10:01 PM

Never mind, wow ...I guess you don't look in there much?

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 10:58 PM

Remove the rad from the car. Put the old cap on it. pour some muratic acid in the rad. Plug the inlet/outlet holes and slosh it around in all directions. That crud will come out in a few minits. Rinse it out with fresh water and reinstall and fill with coolant..
Posted By: Mr340

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 11:41 PM

Quote:

Remove the rad from the car. Put the old cap on it. pour some muratic acid in the rad. Plug the inlet/outlet holes and slosh it around in all directions. That crud will come out in a few minits. Rinse it out with fresh water and reinstall and fill with coolant..

I would also flush out the block with fresh h2o while you have the Rad out.

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 11:43 PM

Quote:

did a little more digging today.. removed the thermostat and ran it ... saw no water movement in the top of the radiator. Here's a shot of the inside.. I'm guessing this is my problem

DING DING DING!!!!!!

Yep that's ugly
Ron

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/07/13 11:49 PM

Quote:

you think?
didnt you try to figure it out before posting?
i would have tried to fix it first,then if i was still having troubles i would post here for ideas

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 02:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

you think?
didnt you try to figure it out before posting?
i would have tried to fix it first,then if i was still having troubles i would post here for ideas

improper moparts posting etiquette... 15 yard penalty... automatic first down!!

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 02:49 AM

I totally agree, someone's on the rag today. Cal you're fine & get a new Champion in there & you're set

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 03:41 AM

Quote:

I totally agree, someone's on the rag today. Cal you're fine & get a new Champion in there & you're set

No worries.. I appreciate the assistance, and there's always one person who likes to make themselves feel better by putting someone else down. With the high I'm on from getting this car on the road, he'd have to say a lot more than that to get under my skin

Thanks guys!!! I'll look into the metering rod set too ..

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 03:50 AM

Quote:

he'd have to say a lot more than that to get under my skin

(1) I wish I could (choose to) be that mellow (2) not sure what I used the last time I blocked the rods up, when you see the round holes I think something will come to mind. holler how it turns out
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 07:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

he'd have to say a lot more than that to get under my skin

(1) I wish I could (choose to) be that mellow (2) not sure what I used the last time I blocked the rods up, when you see the round holes I think something will come to mind. holler how it turns out

It would actually be easier to just get a rod the same diameter as the spring and make it the proper length to put the rod in the upright position (and still be able to put the cap on). Don't force the metering rods as sometimes they need to be gently rocked into the hole in the jet.
Posted By: roe

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 01:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ron

Hey does anyone have a part# for that radiator cap with the built in thermostat? I want one...

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 01:31 PM

Also, check out this link ( http://vb.foureyedpride.com/archive/index.php/t-74438.html ) for your tuning woes. He had some logical points so I tried it and the difference was amazing. To sum it up, the 1406 is way lean out of the box. Its the same carb as the manual choke 1405 which is known as performace carb, while the electric choke 1406 is known as an economy carb. Why? the stock 1406 is jetted something crazy like 4 steps lean when compared to the stock jets on the 1405. Even when you rich on the 1406 chart, you are still waaaayyyyy lean on the 1405 chart. The answer was to completely toss the 1406 tuning chart and use the 1405 tuning chart and base settings instead. Take a tuning kit for the 1405 and set the 1406 for the stock setting of the 1405. Then tune from there.

PS: the extremely lean carb will smell just as fuely as an overly rich one. Following the suggestions on that page made my car run/idle 1000% better.

roe

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 03:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No worries.. I appreciate the assistance, and there's always one person who likes to make themselves feel better by putting someone else down. With the high I'm on from getting this car on the road, he'd have to say a lot more than that to get under my skin

im not putting you down.geez,lets see.
im driving down the road and my car dies
i look down and the gas gauge says empty
do you think im out of gas?
should i put gas in it?

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 05:00 PM

Quote:

Also, check out this link ( http://vb.foureyedpride.com/archive/index.php/t-74438.html ) for your tuning woes. He had some logical points so I tried it and the difference was amazing. To sum it up, the 1406 is way lean out of the box. Its the same carb as the manual choke 1405 which is known as performace carb, while the electric choke 1406 is known as an economy carb. Why? the stock 1406 is jetted something crazy like 4 steps lean when compared to the stock jets on the 1405. Even when you rich on the 1406 chart, you are still waaaayyyyy lean on the 1405 chart. The answer was to completely toss the 1406 tuning chart and use the 1405 tuning chart and base settings instead. Take a tuning kit for the 1405 and set the 1406 for the stock setting of the 1405. Then tune from there.

PS: the extremely lean carb will smell just as fuely as an overly rich one. Following the suggestions on that page made my car run/idle 1000% better.

roe

Thanks .. actually, I've got the 1405 on mine.

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 05:21 PM

Quote:

Hey does anyone have a part# for that radiator cap with the built in thermostat? I want one...

Here ya go!

temp gauge rad cap

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 05:30 PM

So I'm on the edge of my seat any Radiator cleaning today?
What's the plan?
I need to know!

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 05:35 PM

http://store.edelbrock.com/1479calibrationkitfor1405performercarbs.aspx

....had one of these when I ran an Eddy carb on my street 340.

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 05:42 PM

Quote:

You want bling, checkout one of those glass thermostat housings that let you observe the stat opening & the coolant flowing . I want one myself but I forgot who sells em, anyone know? I though Becool did but couldn't find it on their site

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 05:52 PM

Quote:

So I'm on the edge of my seat any Radiator cleaning today?
What's the plan?
I need to know!

Ordered a new Champion Aluminum radiator from a member here who sells them. I'll pull the current radiator out of the car and swap it as soon as I can!! hopefully the trans cooler lines line up properly, and I can move my B&M tranny cooler over to the new radiator without any problems.. while I've got the old radiator out, I'll be sure to run a hose into the block and rinse out any crud that may be in there..

I do have a couple parts carbs (same model) out in the garage.. I"m gonna check to see if either of them have the richer metering rods ..

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 06:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

You want bling, checkout one of those glass thermostat housings that let you observe the stat opening & the coolant flowing . I want one myself but I forgot who sells em, anyone know? I though Becool did but couldn't find it on their site

I havent seen those glass thermostat housings, but I did just order me one of those radiator caps.

Thanks guys
roe
Posted By: herkamer

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 06:26 PM

Quote:

Looking for this?
http://coolviewthermostat.com/

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 06:33 PM

Quote:

Looking for this?

Yes! that's it , Roe are you gonna get one to go with that trick rad cap

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 07:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Looking for this?

Yes! that's it , Roe are you gonna get one to go with that trick rad cap

I think I am. It sure would look nice under the hood. At $139 Im having to talk myself into it. But I think Im gonna find a way to justify it.

I think it'll be my Christmas gift.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 07:14 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Looking for this?

Well there is something different..

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 07:25 PM

Quote:

I think I am. It sure would look nice under the hood. At $139 Im having to talk myself into it.

I was the same way till I saw the price . I'm gonna see if I can find a round piece of pyrex & work on making my own
Posted By: Mr340

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/08/13 07:39 PM

Posted By: A12

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/11/13 05:04 AM

Quote:

Mark that should have been easy to figure out with an infared heat gun...the radiator temp should have been a lot cooler in the area where veins were blocked. Be sure that you have the correct type cap for a non-recovery coolant system...or do you have a recovery tank/system on that?

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/11/13 07:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Mark that should have been easy to figure out with an infared heat gun...the radiator temp should have been a lot cooler in the area where veins were blocked. Be sure that you have the correct type cap for a non-recovery coolant system...or do you have a recovery tank/system on that?

It's got a recovery tank on it

New radiator should be arriving tomorrow.. will be installing it on Friday

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/11/13 08:48 AM

Why didnt you have it cleaned ??

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/11/13 09:31 AM

Quote:

Why didnt you have it cleaned ??

I can get a new aluminum radiator delivered to me for $180... I'd rather do than and not have to worry about it. I'm sure getting mine boiled out would probably be at least $125-$150 .. and it would still be old and ugly. .. might as well just get a new one and be done with it
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/11/13 07:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

im not putting you down.geez,lets see.
im driving down the road and my car dies
i look down and the gas gauge says empty
do you think im out of gas?
should i put gas in it?

Forever in debt to your priceless advice.

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/13/13 06:20 AM

Installed a new 26" 2 row Champion aluminum radiator today... couldn't use the factory shroud that I was using on my existing 26" radiator.. .put in a 160 degree thermostat... went right up to 165 degrees the whole time I drove it around.. sitting at a couple long stoplights, it went up to 180, but as soon as I moved, it went back to 165.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/13/13 06:23 AM

For best performance and engine wear you need to go to at least a 180* stat.

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/13/13 06:27 AM

Quote:

Really? Why is that?
I thought, 'the cooler, the better'...

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/13/13 06:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Really? Why is that?
I thought, 'the cooler, the better'...

Not,, optimum efficiency is achieved at the higher temp. most had 180/185 from the factory..

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/13/13 06:42 AM

good to know .. one of my buddies (who is a chevy guy) suggested a 160 tsat ... I'll put the 180 back in

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/13/13 06:47 AM

Never, never, never listen to a shibby dude. would you let him tell you how to take pics??

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/13/13 07:13 AM

Quote:

Never, never, never listen to a shibby dude. would you let him tell you how to take pics??

LOL... he's a good friend I've known for over 25 years .. he's a 'car guy' who I trust ... BUT.. he is more of a Chevy guy than anything else

Re: Troubleshooting temp issue - 12/13/13 02:14 PM

X3 on the 180 or higher stat. 160 would be the proper piece for 1/4 mile drag racing only
© 2024 Moparts Forums