Moparts

ss 700 transmission

Posted By: belvedere

ss 700 transmission - 11/21/13 02:02 AM

anyone got one in a mopar ad how does it work
Posted By: Dragula

Re: ss 700 transmission - 11/21/13 02:23 AM

Why would you trust a company that told everyone their reworked Tremec was the best thing since sliced bread only to find out the higher the rpm you try and shift it at, the worse the engagment is?

There is a reason my V-code 4 speed Cuda still has a built 727 in it...You call them, and they hand a line of BS almost as bad as TCI....

If Lenco's were legal in the class I race, I would have an ST1200 in my car yestarday...
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: ss 700 transmission - 11/21/13 07:53 AM

Quote:

anyone got one in a mopar ad how does it work

Long thread here:
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=7301037&page=
Posted By: belvedere

Re: ss 700 transmission - 11/22/13 01:15 AM

did you get your 5th gear fixed.do you like it.would you do it again? thank you for your reply.
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: ss 700 transmission - 11/22/13 02:05 AM

Quote:

did you get your 5th gear fixed.do you like it.would you do it again? thank you for your reply.

I have the trans back in the car, but I can't drive the car yet. While the trans was out I started a few projects on the car that are not finished. Mainly have to finish wiring and plumbing the EFI that I put on the car.

Before I sent the trans back, it actually shifted nice, but would just come out of 5th gear. They made some changes to the transmission that is supposed to have fixed that problem, but I can't verify that yet. If you go into it realizing that you will have to cut the trans crossmember for it to fit correctly, then It seems like a decent deal. I wish Passion had their unit out when I bought mine, it looks like an easy swap into a 4-speed car.
Keisler told me they were changing the tail shaft housing on the newer models because of the speedometer gear cable issue. The location of the speedo gear is the biggest issue I have about my transmission, it is one of the reasons the trans crossmember needs to be clearanced.

To be fair, the Keisler will fit without cutting, if you install it with the output shaft hanging down like their crossmember is designed, but that puts the engine at a weird tilt, and can cause interference problems with the oil pan, headers, and airfilter.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: ss 700 transmission - 11/22/13 04:41 PM

www.passonperformance.com

Jamie finally has his 5-speed on the market, and US made to boot.

R.
© 2024 Moparts Forums