Moparts

gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up

Posted By: mcmopars

gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/25/13 11:05 AM

i have a single vent gas tank going to the charcoal canister.i run a holley 750 street hp carb.is there a way i can make the canister work with this carb? the other two nipples on it i have to cap on the canister because it gets really gassy smelling.i guess my question is can i run a line off the canister to the holley if so what port?really need to tame the gas fumes down.

thanks,off to work
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/25/13 11:58 AM

What car and year?

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/26/13 12:12 AM

73 340 duster,360 crate,

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/26/13 12:21 AM

i know how the factory did it,but not sure how to make it work with the holley 750 street hp series carb.like i said right now the only vent from the tank is where it should be on the canister,with plugs on the other two of canister ports.which does not seem to be helping

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/26/13 11:07 AM

bump,anyone?
Posted By: burdar

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/26/13 02:18 PM

All you're doing right now is venting the tank into the engine compartment with the other two ports plugged.

Originally, the three hook-ups on the canister were 1. vent line from gas tank 2. carb bowl vent 3. vacuum port on carb(to pull vapors out of the canister into the engine)

Does your carb have a large fitting in the base plate?

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/27/13 01:34 AM

so keep bowl vent capped,and run a line to a full vacuum on carb?

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/27/13 12:12 PM

Is the fuel tank and vents all hooked up correctly in back?

Where does your vent line end up at up front? On top of the engine by the thermostat?

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/28/13 12:12 AM

Quote:

Where does your vent line end up at up front? On top of the engine by the thermostat?

t

73 has only 1 vent ,which goes to the canister marked tank.which is hooked up,do i hook the purge or bowl port marked on canister to full vaccumm on carb?

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/28/13 12:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

t

73 has only 1 vent ,which goes to the canister marked tank.which is hooked up, do i hook the purge or bowl port marked on canister to full vaccumm on carb?

I'd say purge and the other one is for the carb bowl vent if your carb has one?

Here are pictures of my 74 factory service manual and I believe your 73 should close if not the same. Maybe it'll help some if you can read it?

[image]http://s21.photobucket.com/user/challenger19711/media/After%202-22-2013/SDC19861.jpg.html[/image]

Re: gas smell.? about canister and holley hook-up - 09/28/13 02:50 AM

ill go that route then,thank you
© 2024 Moparts Forums