Moparts

blinkers

Posted By: Clayton

blinkers - 09/19/13 07:25 PM

I can't figure out the prob here. When I put on the left blinker it works fine untill I step on the brake, then it stays on and wont blink untill I let off the brake. Any suggestions as to what to look for? Thanks, Clay
Posted By: TJP

Re: blinkers - 09/19/13 09:39 PM

Turn signal switch is hosed or the wiring is hacked. The high filament (IE turn/ brake) gets its power from the TS switch.
The TS switch controls which power source feeds it meaning 1 input lead from the flasher and another from the brake light switch.

So it sounds as though the brake switch signal is shorted to the Flasher output on the LR output.

Also make sure the 4 way flasher switch is off as it can cause some screwy things to happen
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: blinkers - 09/19/13 10:16 PM

Posted By: 67vertman

Re: blinkers - 09/19/13 10:20 PM

Quote:

Your wrong.......he "blinker fluid" is below the minimum level.

Re: blinkers - 09/20/13 01:07 AM

I'm not sure about the signal switch but the plug from the colum and the fuse box has been cut by the previous owner and barreled together...It's been fine for going on 10 years and just recently started this so I'm wondering why. I know very little about wiring but everything else I can see looks ok. Ive never been inside a colum befor and it doesnt look fun...Hate to think about replacing the signal switch if thats it.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: blinkers - 09/20/13 01:22 AM

seperate the ts/brake harness under the steering column & ohm the wires to the TS switch. With the stalk in neutral there should be continuity between the white "in" wire from the brake light switch and 2 of the "out" wires to the pass/dr rear large filaments. Turn the stalk up & down & see what changes on the continuities. www.mymopar.com has the colors for you
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: blinkers - 09/20/13 01:26 AM

check 4 bad grounds

Re: blinkers - 09/20/13 05:16 AM

Boy do I feel dumb....The flasher switch was on and I didn't know it cause they don't flash. Turned it of and no more prob with the turn signal when I hit the brake! Doesn't make any sense to me but I'm sure glad it works:)

Re: blinkers - 09/20/13 03:17 PM

success! & you didn't have to mess with any wiring . With the hazards not working it would be easy to have missed that they were on
Posted By: stumpy

Re: blinkers - 09/23/13 01:51 AM

Have you replaced the hazzard flasher? There is one flasher for the turn signals and another for the hazzards.

Re: blinkers - 09/23/13 03:52 PM

Quote:

Have you replaced the hazzard flasher? There is one flasher for the turn signals and another for the hazzards.

Yeah you might get off easy 2 times here
© 2024 Moparts Forums