Moparts

any real good jeep transmission guys?

Posted By: 69Mannix

any real good jeep transmission guys? - 09/08/13 03:27 AM

Broke the tail shaft out of the transmission (3.7 4x4 auto) and had a good trans guy replace with new parts I got from Chrysler, Output and coupler splines went away.
Anyway back together now comes up with code P0700 and P0730.
I know what they mean but what do they mean? It runs but acts funky.
The wifes car..
Thanks
Posted By: 1965_PLYMOUTH

Re: any real good jeep transmission guys? - 09/08/13 08:22 PM

P0700 could be a faulty transmission control module, but the P0730 means incorrect gear ratio. was the new tail shaft identical to the one you pulled out? minus the damage of course...
What year jeep are you working with?

Re: any real good jeep transmission guys? - 09/08/13 10:07 PM

2006 I sent in my vin number to Chrysler and the part was ordered from that. If they screwed it up I have to pay to have trans pulled again and then guy to disassemble and reassemble with another part. I guess I will have to sue the dealer that sent me the part.
Posted By: zzyzxpat

Re: any real good jeep transmission guys? - 09/09/13 01:24 AM

P0700 could be anything. It is simply saying that there is a code in the transmission side of the ECU, or the trans ECU if it has a seperate one.

Pat
Posted By: HotRodRailroader

Re: any real good jeep transmission guys? - 09/09/13 01:33 AM

really!?!?!?! SUUUEEE! you know its people like you that give customers a bad rap. How about this did YOU!!!!! check the parts and make sure they were correct????? I worked in parts for 3 years and people always blame the parts guy for THEIR mistakes. Just my 0.02. And you come here asking for help. so if someone says possibly ECU and you replace is and it didnt work are you going to SUEEEE them. What a joke.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: any real good jeep transmission guys? - 09/09/13 01:46 AM

Of course it's bad parts. It couldn't possibly be something the trans guy did. After all they are perfect.

Re: any real good jeep transmission guys? - 09/09/13 03:11 AM

Just like all the parts guys that work for 3 years and are purfect..
Posted By: HotRodRailroader

Re: any real good jeep transmission guys? - 09/09/13 03:25 AM

Nobody is perfect, Im just sick of this * fill in the blank *ing sue happy country we have. Every seems to point the finger at someone else instead of getting involved and checking things. Measure once, cut short, sue the lumber yard.
© 2024 Moparts Forums