Moparts

Best scattershield, lakewood, quicktime,? 67 BB b-body

Posted By: 408cuda

Best scattershield, lakewood, quicktime,? 67 BB b-body - 08/24/13 07:31 AM

Tried posting this in the race section but got nothing but crickets so figured I would try over here.

What's the best quality and fitting scatter shield out there? Do the two even go together? Anyone have one in a 66-67 b-body that fits without hassle?

Don't want to hack my car if i can help it and want something that will hold if all hell comes undone under my feet.

Thanks
Posted By: TJP

Re: Best scattershield, lakewood, quicktime,? 67 BB b-body - 08/24/13 07:30 PM

haven't done one in a mopar yet but the GM quicktimes are much nicer than the lakewoods.

Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Best scattershield, lakewood, quicktime,? 67 BB b-body - 08/24/13 09:38 PM

I used a lakewood big block to TKO bell, and I have a quicktime small block to T56 bell right now.

by far, the quicktime is a nicer looking/feeling piece. fit better too. the lakewood needed about .014 of shim to get it into spec. the quicktime was spot on out of the box.
Posted By: 408cuda

Re: Best scattershield, lakewood, quicktime,? 67 BB b-body - 08/25/13 06:10 AM

Thanks for the info so far guys. The quicktime is pricey compared to the lakewood but might be worth it? Anyone put a QT bell in a b-body with a BB yet here?
Posted By: TJP

Re: Best scattershield, lakewood, quicktime,? 67 BB b-body - 08/26/13 03:15 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the info so far guys. The quicktime is pricey compared to the lakewood but might be worth it? Anyone put a QT bell in a b-body with a BB yet here?

No but price usually separates quality from, .
My understanding is Lakewood (IE: think conglomerate, Mr. gaskets etc.) bought their competitor Quicktime. Nuff said
© 2024 Moparts Forums