Moparts

68 charger windshield removal

Posted By: MrHemi

68 charger windshield removal - 07/07/13 06:47 AM

Hello all im having trouble popping out my windshield
Ive removed the trim, cut around the urethane many times with a cold knife, and been pushing the screen from inside, but it still will not pop out, any tips? thank you kindly
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: 68 charger windshield removal - 07/07/13 07:08 AM

You have got to cut all the way thru the adhesive. A good trick to do this is to take a old guitar string and use it to saw thru the gasket with one person on the outside and 1 on the inside.
Posted By: MrHemi

Re: 68 charger windshield removal - 07/07/13 07:29 AM

I got you now, Thanks a lot.
Posted By: RTDaddy

Re: 68 charger windshield removal - 07/07/13 01:41 PM

Quote:

You have got to cut all the way thru the adhesive. A good trick to do this is to take a old guitar string and use it to saw thru the gasket with one person on the outside and 1 on the inside.

Doesn't the 68 use a gasket like the 69 and 70 on the front windshield? What I usually do is use a utility knife (sharp), and run around the edge of the windshield on
0nce with the blade parallel to the windshield (point out to metal frame), then once around the edge of the windshield with point down towards metal frame. Yup this kills the gasket, but once you can see all of the windshield edge it comes right out. Hope this helps.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."
Posted By: kab69440

Re: 68 charger windshield removal - 07/07/13 04:01 PM

Yes. The best way I know to save them both is to work slowly with a screwdriver and painter's knife to push the retaining lip back out of the windshield opening.
© 2024 Moparts Forums