Moparts

1967 Barracuda trunk lock cylinder key needed.

Posted By: fratzog

1967 Barracuda trunk lock cylinder key needed. - 06/18/13 04:05 PM

I am trying to get a trunk lock cylinder decoded for a key. It is from a 1967 Barracuda. The is a "CB 486" stamped on the outer case of the cylinder. Is this the key code? If so, can someone let me know the punch sequence, or cut a key from the code and mail it to me? Thank you!!
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 1967 Barracuda trunck lock cylinder key needed. - 06/18/13 04:26 PM

I just dealt with this & I took it to a locksmith & they drilled a small hole in the side so the innards would come out then they made a key for it. Several day turnaround & was inexpensive
Posted By: therocks

Re: 1967 Barracuda trunck lock cylinder key needed. - 06/18/13 05:50 PM

RR your lock smith must not be too good.I took my 57 to a local guy we dealt with at the shop.He pulled it,cleaned and lubed and cut my key all under an hour.He made me 3 trunk keys and 2 spare Ign keys.Total was under 25 bucks.Just pull it and any good lock smith can make a key.Rocky
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: 1967 Barracuda trunck lock cylinder key needed. - 06/18/13 06:06 PM

No need to drill anything. A good locksmith will make a key without even pulling the cylinder apart (they make an impression on a new key from the dirt and grime inside the lock - and yes I have seen it done).
Posted By: therocks

Re: 1967 Barracuda trunck lock cylinder key needed. - 06/18/13 06:09 PM

Jim I think it took my guy like 5 minutes to pull the one from the 57.He had the hardest part matching a key to it as they changed them in the early 60s.I still need to get spare Ign keys made for my 65.Rocky
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 1967 Barracuda trunck lock cylinder key needed. - 06/19/13 12:26 AM

Quote:

RR your lock smith must not be too good.

First time using him (them). I had no prior experience to go by but I certainly do now
© 2024 Moparts Forums