Moparts

ETAX relay...what does it do? Tech help please!

Posted By: Prince_Valiant

ETAX relay...what does it do? Tech help please! - 06/14/13 06:22 PM

What does the ETAX relay control?

Why would it being clicking with no key in the ignition?

Likewise, why would the ASD (automatic shutdown relay) also be clicking w/ the key out of the ignition? I pulled the relays involved (ASD first, ETAX kept clicking, then pulled it...)

This is a 2007 Chrysler Aspen, 5.7 hemi, 4WD. There was a check engine light for a bad EGR valve...replacing it right now.

Put the relays back in and unplugged the battery for a bit (after charging it...I figured the battery was likely drained before I let the dogs out and heard the clicking), car started right up.
Posted By: hemi70

Re: ETAX relay...what does it do? Tech help please! - 06/15/13 12:19 AM

ETAX relay is controled by the TCM and supplies power to the transmission solinoid pack.

Clicking relays is most often caused by low battery voltage. Low volts can also make gauges bounce, wipers jump, chime sound and all kinds of freaky stuff.

Gary.
Posted By: Prince_Valiant

Re: ETAX relay...what does it do? Tech help please! - 06/15/13 01:18 AM

Quote:

Clicking relays is most often caused by low battery voltage. Low volts can also make gauges bounce, wipers jump, chime sound and all kinds of freaky stuff.

You seem to be right Good sir!

Put a new battery today, and many little gremlins (weird window operation, mysterious shifts, inconsistent throttle hesitations, egr throwing codes, etc) have also cleared up.

thank you much for the knowledge of what was going on
© 2024 Moparts Forums