Moparts

Wheel Vintiques ralley wheel color?

Posted By: Suregrip391

Wheel Vintiques ralley wheel color? - 06/02/13 10:27 PM

Hi guys, I know in years past the color silver they use was for GM ralley wheels, color was way off from a Chrysler ralley wheel. Has this problem been resolved yet? Is the color argent yet? I've read a few posts where people are happy and some not so happy.

I also read the centercaps are still not correct.

Makes me wonder then why after all these years they won't make them more correct for Chrysler guys. .... I know, I know.... Because of cost, got ya!! But c'on Wheel Vintiques!

Has anyone ordered a set in the last year or know if they are closer to correct yet?

Thanks guys!
Posted By: attaboy

Re: Wheel Vintiques ralley wheel color? - 06/02/13 11:35 PM

ve had mine for several years. Right after I got them from Year One, I talked to Wheel Vintiques about the incorrect color on their Ralley rims. They weren't interested in changing how they were done. Maybe they have changed recently but I doubt it.
I plan on repainting mine the correct Mopar argent silver this winter.
Also, watch out for the soft metal on the center caps where they are threaded. Those tend to not hold tight and "wallow" out the threads. I use lock tight.
Posted By: duster2

Re: Wheel Vintiques ralley wheel color? - 06/11/13 03:18 PM

About a year ago I had one set of 15 x 7 ralley wheels from Specialty Wheels and I checked last week and yes they have a new color for 2013 , but they also have a lot of back stock.

Frank

Attached picture 7738946-old-new-orginal-paint.jpg
Posted By: cdstl

Re: Wheel Vintiques ralley wheel color? - 06/11/13 04:54 PM

I ordered these from Summit in January. Close enough for the girls that I dance with.

Attached picture 7739036-NewWheels3.jpg
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: Wheel Vintiques ralley wheel color? - 06/11/13 04:58 PM

No need to reproduce a Mopar part correctly. People buy them if they're right or wrong and wrong is cheaper to make.

Sheldon
Posted By: chargervert

Re: Wheel Vintiques ralley wheel color? - 06/11/13 05:01 PM

You have to paint them anyways,or you will see rust coming through their powercoating within a year if they get wet at all. I usually scuff and prime them,scuff the primer with a Scotchbrite pad and paint them in the correct rallye wheel color.
© 2024 Moparts Forums