Moparts

New Waldrons exhaust system is in

Posted By: MOPAULY

New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 05/28/13 11:48 PM

If you are looking for a OEM style replacement system that won't kill your pocket, check out Waldron's. Due to the backlog I've been waiting about a month an a half for my 68 Chargers system and it just showed up today. Just over $500 shipped to my door, including full length pipes, so only 4 clamps needed to hold the whole system together, minus hangers.

I'm not a date coding correct-bended paint marking person so if you are this may not be for you...but if not maybe it is. So far the system looks beautiful, and some quick angling under the car looks like it is going to fit nicely. If anyone is curious I can post a followup later as to overall fit and finish.

Attached picture 7722715-photo(2).JPG
Posted By: BSharp

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 05/29/13 06:47 PM

Yes, please give us an update on fit and sound.
Posted By: BigTerry

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 05/30/13 03:04 AM

Quote:

Yes, please give us an update on fit and sound.

Posted By: BDW

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 05/30/13 11:23 AM

I'd like an update,

What size / material?
What mufflers?
How much more for the hangers?
Anything else needed?
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 05/30/13 12:11 PM

Who is Waldrons ?

383 car I assume.
Even then shouldn't it have the squashed corners on the muflers ?

just asking
Posted By: 65rbdodge

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 05/30/13 06:15 PM

Quote:

just asking

the person who started this post says this-

"I'm not a date coding correct-bended paint marking person so if you are this may not be for you...but if not maybe it is."

just sayin'
Posted By: FJR doc

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 05/30/13 06:24 PM

I've been curios about Waldron's exhaust systems and mufflers. They seem to be one of the only places I've found that offers a dual system for my 340 Duster in stainless steel.
I'm anxious to hear about fit and your overall impressions.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 05/30/13 08:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:

just asking

the person who started this post says this-

"I'm not a date coding correct-bended paint marking person so if you are this may not be for you...but if not maybe it is."

just sayin'

that maybe the case but the corners were squashed for clearance , it'll be interesting to see if it they hit something they are not supposed to hit.

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 06/04/13 07:21 PM

Sorry guys I've been busy and didn't notice the replies - I opted for the base system which is regular steel, not stainless, 2 1/4 inch pipes with turn downs; I will cut the turn downs off later after I purchase the proper tips. I bought hangers separate.

Since the car had air shocks I had to order new ones that were closer to factory size as I believe the oversize air shocks would impede the tailpipe fit. I'm hoping to have it bolted on this weekend so I will update when I do - the mufflers I went with are the standard they use as well - if you check you tube you can hear sound clips of what the different options sound like.

This system was $510 shipped to the door, that included the oversize charge so that they pipes didn't need to be cut. Thus far I'm really really happy with it, we'll see how it bolts up to the car.

Quote:

I've been curios about Waldron's exhaust systems and mufflers. They seem to be one of the only places I've found that offers a dual system for my 340 Duster in stainless steel.
I'm anxious to hear about fit and your overall impressions.

you can't beat their prices! nice, thorough people to deal with to. Only downside is they are so busy there is a waiting time, the owner and some help hand bend everything to spec.

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 06/04/13 07:23 PM

Quote:

Who is Waldrons ?

http://www.waldronexhaust.com/

yes, 383 car

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 06/05/13 02:16 AM

UPDATE: I fitted the passenger side exhaust tonight, and it fits perfectly...I will post photos this weekend, but so far an absolute perfect fit.

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 06/08/13 03:36 AM

Got the system all mocked up in place tonight - the fit and finish is stunning...I doubt you can find a system that fits this good for so little money. No clearance issues and no need for crushed mufflers. I am blown away by how well it fits. Pics at the link as Moparts is still behind the times on photo sharing.

Pics were from my beat up iPhone so not perfect, but you get the idea of how well it fits.

Exhaust pics
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 06/08/13 12:19 PM

looks real good!

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 06/10/13 07:13 PM

waiting on a new starter to come in if anyone is interested in hearing out it sounds - overall fit and finish is absolutely superb.
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: New Waldrons exhaust system is in - 06/10/13 09:02 PM

post sound too.
© 2024 Moparts Forums