Moparts

TBI setup swap

Posted By: tripleblackcuda

TBI setup swap - 05/19/13 06:04 AM

I have a 1975 Dodge Kary van with a 360 and an automatic trans. I just bought a 89 Ramcharger with a 360. What would it intail to put the TBI set-up on the van? Also, how hard is it to do?
Posted By: lifted85

Re: TBI setup swap - 05/19/13 06:10 AM

well ya would need the intake, tbi an some wiring to be done of course lol.. never have done it my self but know it's a big thing to some.. I think ya have to change your fuel pump to??? might be wrong
Posted By: herkamer

Re: TBI setup swap - 05/20/13 03:49 PM

It's a challenge. To get the TBI working on my W350, I scavenged all the parts I needed and formulated a plan to make it happen. Since I went Megasquirt it was a little bit different than swapping factory parts. I started with a used Holley ProJection 2bbl kit, and built the wiring harness with the extras I needed. You will need a high pressure fuel pump and likely a return line for excess. I used a TBI tank that was a direct fit. I would suspect a van tank would swap with minimal fabrication. If you have the patience, it shouldn't be terribly difficult. Plan on spending some time to get it working correctly.
© 2024 Moparts Forums