Moparts

POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER???

Posted By: Labratt

POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/10/13 02:12 AM

Switching over to a manual box from power steering set-up on my '69' GTX. Could someone post pictures of what adapters they used to mate to the existing steering shaft..which has 2 round "ears"coming off shaft..when the rag joint is eliminated. Thanks in advance! Randy
Posted By: moparpollack

Re: POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/10/13 03:10 AM

I used the Mancini adapter, all you do is pit the adapter in between the steering box and the column.
Posted By: 383man

Re: POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/10/13 07:56 AM

Randy I bought this adapter from Mancini and I think it said Flaming River on the box. Just a simple adapter to take up the space the power steering box did take up. Ron

Re: POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/10/13 11:34 AM

Thanks Ron! Is the factory "rag joint" still used?...looks like it,looking at your pic. I was thinking it could be eliminated with an adapter. Randy B.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/10/13 12:36 PM

i used the same adapter w/the flamming river u joint.but you can leave the rag joint.

Attached picture 7700151-004.JPG
Posted By: 383man

Re: POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/10/13 05:53 PM

Quote:

Thanks Ron! Is the factory "rag joint" still used?...looks like it,looking at your pic. I was thinking it could be eliminated with an adapter. Randy B.

Yes it still has the stock steering coupler as this just basically extends the steering box shaft to where the P/S box shaft was at. Its not a bad idea to use the one with the U-Joint that eliminates the stock steering coulpler but my coupler was in great shape so I still use it. Ron

Re: POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/12/13 02:43 PM

Thanks Ron! My stock coupler is NOT in the best of shape! Who's universal coupler(u-joints)are suppose to be the best...a simple swap?

Re: POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/12/13 02:46 PM

Thanks for the pic,Al! How are "things" in Bonita Springs?
Posted By: bonefish

Re: POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/12/13 03:39 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the pic,Al! How are "things" in Bonita Springs?

Actually its "Burrito Springs" Things couldnt be better.

Re: POWER TO MANUAL STEERING ADAPTER??? - 05/12/13 07:41 PM

Healthy Hispanic population? BTW....I LOVE Mexican food..and Margarita's!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums