Moparts

Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln

Posted By: retiredguy

Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 02:09 AM

I want to upgrade my welder from a 70 amp 110 Lincoln to a good 220v machine. I have been looking at a Lincoln 180 for 600.00. I also saw an Eastwood 175 amp w/ a spool gun for 500.00 with free shipping.

Has anyone here used the Eastwood machine? The reviews make it sound like a good value. Which one do you guys think is the best for the money.

Thanks for any input, Larry
Posted By: Dakota_Don

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 02:19 AM

i use the lincoln pro mig 175 220 volt mig.. i have had it for 10yrs now, i like it
Posted By: loaderpro

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 03:45 AM

They are all pretty good welders. Personally I use Miller mig and a squarewave tig that work very well. However if you are getting this for race car fab stay away from spool guns, the get heavy and are tough to use in tight places.
Posted By: rss

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 04:41 AM

I'd go with the Lincoln. Eastwood welders are made in China. If it breaks while still under warranty, Eastwood won't fix it, they just send you a new welder. After the warranty is up, good luck.
Posted By: animal8324

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 04:55 AM

I got an eastwood tig 200. Food pedal took a dive and they replaced it no problem.

Original question. The lincoln is only 100 more. Go blue. Unless you need the spool gun.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 02:21 PM

Food for thought.....

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=41965
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 03:27 PM

I have a Lincoln and I`m happy with it. With all the bad experiences I have had with junk made in China. I only will buy Made in China as a last resort. I bought a $1200 Chinese made generator and it only worked a couple times and it fried the invertor. Due to the cost of repair it now sits there as a useless sitting stool in my garage.
Posted By: Diplomat440

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 04:06 PM

i love my lincoln 175. do you need a spool gun? i was going to buy one for mine for aluminum, but was told mine wasn't set up for the magnum 100sg. i think the 180 is spool gun ready.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 04:45 PM

i picked this up on Craigs list for 800.00 bucks.you could weld a battle ship on 110 v.it also has 220v.we built an entire mud truck with this thing on 110v.it even makes me look like i know what im doin.

Attached picture 7640010-IMG_2230.JPG
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/25/13 10:38 PM

Quote:

i picked this up on Craigs list for 800.00 bucks.you could weld a battle ship on 110 v.it also has 220v.we built an entire mud truck with this thing on 110v.it even makes me look like i know what im doin.

Snap-on's name on it but I doubt they built it!

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/26/13 01:14 AM

Hi guys. Thanks for your input. I just ordered the Eastwood 175 220 volt mig machine. It seems like a good deal. The shipping is free and it comes with a spool gun. It was only $499.00. Now all I need it a bottle of gas and I will be ready. First project, built a welding cart.
Posted By: F1Scamp

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/26/13 02:23 AM

I bought mine a few months ago. Love it so far. Haven't tried the spool gun yet, but soon...
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/26/13 02:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

who cares,this thing is KILLER,plus i doubt Snapon would put their name on a peice o junk,but what do i know im just a guy that bought a welder.
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/26/13 02:13 PM

Quote:

Hi guys. Thanks for your input. I just ordered the Eastwood 175 220 volt mig machine. It seems like a good deal. The shipping is free and it comes with a spool gun. It was only $499.00. Now all I need it a bottle of gas and I will be ready. First project, built a welding cart.

Let us know how it works for you.

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/28/13 07:47 AM

I ordered the Eastwood 175 machine on Monday and I got it today(Wednesday). That's fast service. I got a 70cf bottle of 75/25 mix. Harbor freight has bottles,but I found that Fresno Welding had a better deal. $160($28.00 for a refill) and the bottle is mine. So if something happening to it or I need just a refill I am all set. I can't wait to try it. I had an operation on my foot, so I am having a hard time getting around, but pain and all I am going to do some welding very soon.

Thanks guys, Larry
Posted By: 69hemibeep

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/28/13 01:52 PM

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a Lincoln. I noticed in the link above the Eastwood rep said their welders were designed and tested on site but glossed over where they are built. I do like all the other Eastwood products I have used in the past but I'm buying American.
Posted By: elitecustombody

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/28/13 05:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

who cares,this thing is KILLER,plus i doubt Snapon would put their name on a peice o junk,but what do i know im just a guy that bought a welder.

I believe Snap-on sells relabeled Lincoln machines

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/28/13 08:27 PM

The salesman at Fresno welding told me that the Lincoln welders are now being made in Mexico and that Miller is the only name brand welder still made in the states.

Larry
Posted By: rss

Re: Mig Welders Eastwood vs Lincoln - 03/29/13 09:31 PM

Quote:

The salesman at Fresno welding told me that the Lincoln welders are now being made in Mexico and that Miller is the only name brand welder still made in the states.

Not sure about all, but I know that some Miller welders are now labeled as "Assembled in the USA" because they contain some offshore parts. I'm planning to buy a Miller 211 mig or Diversion 180 tig, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. May contain some Chinese parts but at least I know the thing can be serviced instead of just replacing the whole unit. I still haven't bought into our throw away culture, so I continue to pay more for what I perceive to be higher quality stuff.

To OP, best of luck with your Eastwood unit. I've heard some good things about them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums