Moparts

Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question

Posted By: 68 Sat

Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/24/13 02:47 PM

I have a 69 Coronet 500 with a 318 with full 2 1/4" dual exhaust, x-pipe and flowmasters. They sound great but are a bit loud for me and I want to put something that is less noisy. Has anyone used the Walkers and will they accomplish my goal of a slighty less noisy ride? If so does anyone need a set of flowmasters cheap?

Attached picture 7638312-mikeshouse3.jpg
Posted By: GOLDMYN

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/24/13 04:26 PM

WOW! Is that your storage garage? Who does your floors? and by the way, nice car. I'd be proud to own that!
Posted By: Tom Hand

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/24/13 05:29 PM

Dynomax 17747s are 2.25" in and out, offset in, center out, 20" long case and will fit right on IF you have the stock muffler configuration pipes on it.
These will outflow the mufflers you have plus they will be significantly quieter at all speeds.
Tom
Posted By: Kidsixpack

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/24/13 06:11 PM

I went from Flowmaster to Walkers on my Bee and they are great! Down right quiet until you hit it hard!

KID
Posted By: astjp2

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/24/13 07:25 PM

Save some moeny and put on a pair of resonators, that will mellow out the noise and make it so you dont have to replace the existing mufflers. Tim
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/24/13 08:12 PM

Quote:

Dynomax 17747s are 2.25" in and out, offset in, center out, 20" long case and will fit right on IF you have the stock muffler configuration pipes on it.
These will outflow the mufflers you have plus they will be significantly quieter at all speeds.
Tom

I love my Dynomaz super turbos.
Posted By: 68 Sat

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/24/13 09:11 PM

Not my garage but a friends. Thanks for all the input. The flow masters are 13" and the walkers are 22" Long. Otherwise the switch should be seem less.
Posted By: gch

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/24/13 11:57 PM

A longer muffler will always be quiter.I love my hemi super turbos.Nice and mellow for an old fart like me.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/25/13 12:01 AM

Quote:

Save some moeny and put on a pair of resonators, that will mellow out the noise and make it so you dont have to replace the existing mufflers. Tim

X2, add some glasspacks alongside the rear leafs. Get ones that dont neck down at the nipples
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/25/13 12:05 AM

You may want to stay away from a muffler with a center inlet or outlet, depending the muffler's design. A straight through muffler like a dynomax ultra flow, well you're fine there. A dynomax super turbo muffler like this one, if you follow the path of the exhaust you can see all the exhaust has to cross over and under the center tube at one point. Now if there's lots of room in the case, you're okay, but if there's not, you're giving up flow. Maybe not a big deal for a 318 but I would keep it in mind anyway.

Posted By: jeff57

Re: Exchange Flowmasters for Walkers on 69 Coronet question - 03/26/13 04:09 PM

magnaflow #11225. will fit right in with no change to pipes and they breathe very good. no drone at highway speed either. jeff57 muffler shop owner
© 2024 Moparts Forums