Moparts

440 engine identification

Posted By: roy2345

440 engine identification - 03/19/13 03:04 PM

I need help with running the numbers on an engine.(369880-4405 is the number off the block. Is it a HP engine? Thanks!!!
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: 440 engine identification - 03/19/13 03:18 PM

No way to tell with the info you posted. You need the info from the top pad near the distributor. There is a series of numbers stamped into it. If the HP stamp is present on this pad you have your answer.
Posted By: dogdays

Re: 440 engine identification - 03/19/13 04:17 PM

Come back with ALL the markings on the engine ID pad under the distributor and we'll be able to tell youmore than you dreamed possible about how it was originally built.

One of the neat things about Mopars is engines in a family used the same block and head castings no matter if they were HP or 2-barrel. So all you have told us so far is that it's a 440, by the block casting number.

R.
Posted By: roy2345

Re: 440 engine identification - 03/19/13 06:25 PM

Quote:

No way to tell with the info you posted. You need the info from the top pad near the distributor. There is a series of numbers stamped into it. If the HP stamp is present on this pad you have your answer.

Ok....a guy trying to sell me the engine. I havent seen it yet those just the numbers he gave me but i did tell him to look at the pad when he called me about the numbefs he did find...And Joe Im going be needed your help with parts my friend. Ill email you a list of what ill be needing.
Posted By: 70gtx440dana

Re: 440 engine identification - 03/19/13 06:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ok....a guy trying to sell me the engine. I havent seen it yet those just the numbers he gave me but i did tell him to look at the pad when he called me about the numbefs he did find...And Joe Im going be needed your help with parts my friend. Ill email you a list of what ill be needing.

Wil - I sent you a PM. Feel free to contact me for any of your parts needs. Sounds like you have a new project!
Posted By: 65rbdodge

Re: 440 engine identification - 03/19/13 06:34 PM

if its an HP you are after, HP blocks are no different than a standard block. a few internal parts are whats makes the difference.
© 2024 Moparts Forums