Moparts

CalTrac for 67 R/T

Posted By: terzmo

CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/24/13 05:47 PM

My R/t is sagging in the rear...old girl is now over 45 and I was interested in a caltrac system,springs,traction bars,shocks. The car has frame extenders and I feel with the caltrac, I will get excellent traction/launch and can raise the rearend a bit for a better look.

Has anyone installed this?
Is it totally bolt in or some brackets welded/moved ?
Satisfaction rating ?

Thanks in advance to all
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/24/13 06:42 PM

Cal tracs, mono springs and shocks all bolt right in if your not moving springs inboard!
Don't go with to stiff a mono spring.

You may want to replace the spring perches on your axle and at the very least box in the end of the present spring perches for more strength.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/24/13 06:43 PM

What do you mean by frame extenders??

Re: CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/24/13 07:27 PM

frame extenders...connection between front and rear frame
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/24/13 10:30 PM

I installed the full Calvert system in my '67 last year. bolts right in in a couple of hours, tops. Pretty easy stuff, and a great upgrade. I picked up a full tenth in my 60' and 3 tenths in 1320 over my previous setup (stock springs with a set of South Side lift bars. If I had it to do over, I'd have gone with the +1" springs. The stock ht. springs are indeed stock ht, which is a little low on these cars.

Re: CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/25/13 02:50 AM

I agree about the height..I was going with the 1+ and thanks...I did figure the suspension upgrade would improve the times on a slightly better than stock motor and figuring alternatives,I believe the cost is worth it. When I go to the big motor I won't have to worry about the suspension

any source recommendations ? nice car
Posted By: Blues_Cuda

Re: CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/25/13 04:22 AM

Quote:

Buy direct from Calvert Racing. Sometimes John himself even answers the phone. I ask for Travis otherwise.
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/25/13 05:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Buy direct from Calvert Racing. Sometimes John himself even answers the phone. I ask for Travis otherwise.

Yep. Just call Calvert Racing and tell them what you've got and what you want. They'll be there with all the support you could need!

What I really like, is that in a few minutes I can dial the car for racing. Or, If I know I'm not going to be at the track for a while, I can soften the ride considerably for more comfortable street use. Quality of the Calvert stuff is top notch. Dont even think twice.
Posted By: aquamist60

Re: CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/25/13 06:37 PM

We put the whole Caltracs setup on my '67 Coronet. You definately want 1" over stock heigth springs. Car sits nice. Now if I can quite getting hurt we might gwet it to the track one day.
Posted By: rapom

Re: CalTrac for 67 R/T - 02/25/13 09:31 PM

I have stock springs on mine with Caltracs and right now I like the stance. Hopefully it don't lower any more with a full tank of gas though. Springs are dead straight with no arch.

Attached picture 7603113-Coronet2012-13winter006.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums