Moparts

71 duster bucket seat question

Posted By: Danny

71 duster bucket seat question - 01/21/13 04:07 PM

My son and I are working on a 71 twister that originally had houndstooth bench (black) interior, the bench is gone and we have a set of buckets for it, our question is, could you get bucket seats with the houndstooth inserts in a 71 duster? Thanks, Dan
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 71 duster bucket seat question - 01/21/13 07:48 PM

Quote:

My son and I are working on a 71 twister that originally had houndstooth bench (black) interior, the bench is gone and we have a set of buckets for it, our question is, could you get bucket seats with the houndstooth inserts in a 71 duster? Thanks, Dan

Probally, as long as your willing to pay for them if there a non standard item. Check Legendarys site or call them, BTW I'm a Legendary dealer and I offer all Mopart members discounts PM me if you want to for the details Make sure which Year A body bucket seats you have, they are different
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: 71 duster bucket seat question - 01/21/13 08:08 PM

Quote:

Not from the factory - the factory '71 Duster buckets were all vinyl and available in black w/charcoal inserts OR orange (the "L6X9" & L6XV" in the pics below).

Posted By: Danny

Re: 71 duster bucket seat question - 01/21/13 09:17 PM

oh well, we thought it would look cool to get them in houndstooth, I will check the legendary site but if they didnt come factory that way I doubt they make them, but its worth asking I guess. Cab, the buckets we have are out of a 72, will I have to change the foam to get the 71 covers to work? Now Im wondering if the houndstooth was available on the 72 buckets? Thanks for the replies, Dan
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 71 duster bucket seat question - 01/22/13 04:18 AM

The 1970 and 71, I think on both had plastic backs and the 1972-73 didn't. I have a set of 1973 buckets in my 1971 Duster, the 72 and later seats are around 7 lbs each lighter than the 1971 I messed up on my car , I ordered the seat covers, headliner and door panels for the 1971 Duster, I should have ordered the 1973 seat covers instead I had to have the local shop that installed the 1971 seat covers make a back for them, the material and color didn't match of course
© 2024 Moparts Forums