Moparts

Valve cover spacers/risers

Posted By: Dave Watt

Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/15/13 02:27 AM

Is anyone aware of small block valve cover spacers/risers that are thicker than 3/16"? A buddy wants to run stock valve covers with Harland Sharp rocker arms. I think it would take at least a 1/4" or more to do it without removing the baffles.
Has anyone tried it before?
Thanks,
Dave
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/15/13 02:34 AM

Someone here on the board was talking about producing some spacers but I dont recall how thick or if they did go into production.
Posted By: topside

Re: Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/15/13 02:56 AM

I make 'em. 3/16" has worked for me & everyone else I've sold them to so far. HS rockers on 2 of my motors. If you did need more thickness, just double-gasket them; I've just bonded them to the heads and used a single gasket.
I have them for BB & LA SB. I have an ad in the Race & BB sections.
Posted By: BBR

Re: Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/15/13 03:05 AM

I have made them out of wood with a router before. Kinds messy, but totally functional and inexpensive.
Posted By: Gavin

Re: Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/15/13 01:14 PM

Quote:

I've just bonded them to the heads and used a single gasket

What did you use to bond them to the head? Thanks!
Posted By: Dave Watt

Re: Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/15/13 04:01 PM

Thanks for the replies. I had seen 3/16" ones on ebay but didn't think they would be thick enough for the baffles to clear the rocker arms.
We used the Permatex Ultra Black to hold the spacers to the valve covers on a small block Chevy.
Posted By: topside

Re: Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/15/13 05:38 PM

Ultra black like Dave says works fine; you could use something more permanent, but it's not necessary. Yes, we also sell them on Ebay.
Posted By: 76Beeper

Re: Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/15/13 06:49 PM

I have the Crane gold roller rockers for my 360 and plan on using the stock valve covers - will they need to be spaced as well?
Posted By: markz528

Re: Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/17/13 12:40 AM

I have the 3/16" on my big block with HS rockers. I used a felpro rubber gasket on both sides of the spacer. I glued the spacer to the top gasket which I glued to the valve cover.

Worked out great.
Posted By: Jwilli500

Re: Valve cover spacers/risers - 01/17/13 07:14 PM

What kind of wood? The reason I ask I was just entertaining this very thought for some Magnum style heads.
Quote:

I have made them out of wood with a router before. Kinds messy, but totally functional and inexpensive.

© 2024 Moparts Forums