Moparts

Spray can matching paint ????

Posted By: MePlumNuts

Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/07/13 06:27 PM

I've gone to alot of auto parts stores looking for a match for my 70 dodge swepty pickup "Desert Turquoise" paint. Does anyone know where I can purchase a spray can for some touch-up ??? Thanks - Ted meplumnuts@aol.com Ph. 708-429-3672
Posted By: Hath1

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/07/13 06:32 PM

I recently went to our local automotive paint store (Jones Paint and Glass in Utah) who mixed me up some "matching" paint. It's not exact, but it laid down really nicely on my steel wheels. All I did was give them the paint code from my fender tag.
Posted By: GreenBird

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/07/13 06:59 PM

http://totallyautoinc.com/

Try these guys.
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/07/13 07:24 PM

I have heard that some places can custom mix and then give you spray paint.....

The Ditzler code for Desert Turquoise is 42687 or 2221
Posted By: Hath1

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/07/13 11:58 PM

I forgot to mention that they put it in rattle cans for me.
Posted By: savoy64

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/08/13 12:06 AM

the automotive paint store in my town can also mix and spray can any color you want---must be happening all over....bob
Posted By: 70Duster

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/08/13 01:15 AM

Quote:

the automotive paint store in my town can also mix and spray can any color you want---must be happening all over....bob

The auto body supply stores around here also offer a "camera match" where they use a special camera and take a picture of the paint. This information is then input into their computer and then the closest match is provided. This has worked out really well for me when trying to match paint on older somewhat faded cars.
Posted By: peabodyracing

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/08/13 01:40 AM

Most any quality automotive paint supply house will have the capabilities of taking a reading with a color meter and working up a formula or finding an existing that is a good match. On occasion they still need to manually adjust the formula to obtain the right match. This takes a guy with some experience.

Once it's mixed they can put in spray cans for you. The cans are purchased already charged and they just add the paint. Pretty simple operation.

In the Minneapolis/St Paul metro area it costs $95-125 for color match and mix of a pint of paint, and around $8.50-10.00 per can to put in spray cans.

We get into this with regularity where we've powder coated something that's going to be installed somewhere else in the country and the customer requests touch up paint to fix boo boo's that happen during installation.
Posted By: shart70rt

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/08/13 03:42 AM

I just bought several spray cans and a touch up bottle of Go-Mango from www.paintscratch.com. Good service, and the color matched up very well.

Good luck

Stephen
Posted By: gearhead452

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/09/13 02:18 AM

I bought some spray can touch up paint for my Road Runner from these guys:

http://www.imatchpaint.com/

I thought it was a little expense, but it shot and matched great.
Posted By: MePlumNuts

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/10/13 05:21 AM

Thanks guys for all the information!!! I appreciate the help!!! -Ted
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Spray can matching paint ???? - 01/10/13 03:46 PM

Tower Paint is Wisconsin does factory and custom paint matches in 16oz spray cans, mailorder is their specialty....they matched some Sublime and Panther Pink for me, right on the money as far as color match, nice quality paint too, and under $20 a can with shipping

Mike
© 2024 Moparts Forums