Moparts

Dash illumination lights 70 340 duster

Posted By: Monstercookies

Dash illumination lights 70 340 duster - 12/31/12 10:03 PM

Hello All!
I'm new to this forum but, not new to them in general.

I am restoring a 1970 340 duster. I have went through all the wiring in the car completely. But, one big problem I have ran into is that I can not for the life of me get the cluster illumination lights to come on with the head lights or parking lights. everything from the dome light, heater, radio, turn signinals, e-brake light, high beam light everything works. I have checked the bulbs and made sure they are making the connections or the board and are not blown. just wondering if there's a ground i am missing or something to get these bulbs to work. anything helps.
Thanks.
Shayne
Posted By: Steve340

Re: Dash illumination lights 70 340 duster - 12/31/12 10:19 PM

You do have the lower mounting screws in the dash bezel don't you? They are what grounds the dash to the dash frame. Also check your dimmer switch terminals for voltage. One terminal is for your dash lights.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Dash illumination lights 70 340 duster - 12/31/12 10:19 PM

The dash grounds where it seats by the screws holding it in so be sure they are tight and not insulated with paint. The dash dimmer part of the headlight switch could be bad.
Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Dash illumination lights 70 340 duster - 12/31/12 10:42 PM

with Stumpy. I just had the same problem on my 71 Duster, tuned out to be the headlight switch. They are about $10 from autozone, napa, etc.

Re: Dash illumination lights 70 340 duster - 12/31/12 11:26 PM

sweet thats great news im gonna try that and hope it works ill keep you guys posted.
Posted By: buildanother

Re: Dash illumination lights 70 340 duster - 01/01/13 12:49 AM

I hope you made sure the "inst" fuse is good, and has power when headlight switch is on.

Re: Dash illumination lights 70 340 duster - 01/01/13 09:04 PM

okay guys I forgot to mention before I had already checked the fuses.
I went and got a new switch for the lights and it worked. thanks for the help guys really mad this headache a lot easier and that finished all my wiring so now its just got to go for paint! thanks again
© 2024 Moparts Forums