Moparts

Rear tail light stud caps?

Posted By: TseTse Runner

Rear tail light stud caps? - 12/26/12 05:52 AM

I have a '69 RR and read an article detailing that the studs on the rear tail light assemblies were covered with red plastic caps. Has anyone heard of these and if so where could these pieces be located? TseTse Runner.
Posted By: 69 mayflower

Re: Rear tail light stud caps? - 12/26/12 07:00 AM

I got mine for my 69 Sport Satellite from Dixie Restorations.Fine people,great products,great service and they are sponsors here on Moparts.
Posted By: topside

Re: Rear tail light stud caps? - 12/26/12 07:05 AM

Mine were; maybe 1/2" long with a flat end, IIRC. No idea if they're reproduced. Maybe they can be sourced from a company who lists them for another purpose.
I remember there was also a larger clear one that capped one of the studs that held the master cylinder mounting plate.
Posted By: Scott Carl

Re: Rear tail light stud caps? - 12/26/12 07:08 AM

These?

http://www.restorick.com/proddetail.asp?prod=PlyTaillightStudCvr
Posted By: Big_E

Re: Rear tail light stud caps? - 12/26/12 07:18 AM

Here is a pic of one in my car;

Attached picture 7518836-tail_light_red_cap.jpg
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: Rear tail light stud caps? - 12/26/12 05:00 PM

Quote:

Mine were; maybe 1/2" long with a flat end, IIRC. No idea if they're reproduced. Maybe they can be sourced from a company who lists them for another purpose.
I remember there was also a larger clear one that capped one of the studs that held the master cylinder mounting plate.

Found on most 1969 A and B bodies , can't say I've ever seen any red ones on E-bodies

Like mentioned there was also a translucent clear one on the firewall stud on some B body cars.

Attached picture 7519046-446C.jpg
Posted By: cbusters

Re: Rear tail light stud caps? - 12/27/12 05:55 AM

Quote:

I have a '69 RR and read an article detailing that the studs on the rear tail light assemblies were covered with red plastic caps. Has anyone heard of these and if so where could these pieces be located? TseTse Runner.

Not all had them, Some of the bezels had slightly shorter studs and the caps won't fit. I suspect a change in the design. While comparing the pieces I even found a couple bezels that had long barrels on the studs instead of the long bosses on the bezels to space the assemblies properly.
© 2024 Moparts Forums