Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Anyone ever use ECI brakes - 12/07/12 12:22 AM

This looks like a pretty good kit
http://ecihotrodbrakes.com/dodge_plymouth_discbrake_conversions.html
Gus

Attached picture 7492023-savoyburnout.jpg
Posted By: bobdog106

Re: Anyone ever use ECI brakes - 12/08/12 03:03 PM

I am upgrading from 4 wheel drum brakes on my Challenger now over the winter and would like opinions on kits also. That kit looks nice, but would 4 piston be better?
Posted By: topside

Re: Anyone ever use ECI brakes - 12/08/12 05:29 PM

Yup, that's the system I put on my '63 Savoy; nice kit, no problems, and the machined hubs look pretty zippy, too.
If my '64 gets a brake upgrade I'd buy from them again.

Re: Anyone ever use ECI brakes - 12/08/12 06:32 PM

Quote:

I am upgrading from 4 wheel drum brakes on my Challenger now over the winter and would like opinions on kits also. That kit looks nice, but would 4 piston be better?

Thats the nice thing about this kit,there are many pad choices for that big GM caliper.There are thousands of late model stock cars running those calipers successfully every weekend
It seems like brake hoses might be the only item you will have to do the leg work on
Gus

Attached picture 7494282-savoyburnout.jpg
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Anyone ever use ECI brakes - 12/08/12 06:39 PM

In addition to my reproduction 11.75" front disc brake kits that fit Mopar calipers, I also make 11.75" kits that fit Mopar drum or disc knuckles and GM calipers.

Re: Anyone ever use ECI brakes - 12/08/12 06:56 PM

Quote:

In addition to my reproduction 11.75" front disc brake kits that fit Mopar calipers, I also make 11.75" kits that fit Mopar drum or disc knuckles and GM calipers.

Cass I didn't know you made "stock type" front brake kits.The kit I need is going onto a 67 Chrysler 300 with 15" stock rally wheels.It has to fit the stock type steel wheel.
Thanks Doc
Gus

Attached picture 7494327-mysavoy.jpg
Posted By: Lee446

Re: Anyone ever use ECI brakes - 12/08/12 08:23 PM

I have bought two 13" disc conversions from Dr. Diff and they were worth every penny! I could not be happier and service/advice was free.
Posted By: jake4cars

Re: Anyone ever use ECI brakes - 12/08/12 09:42 PM

I have no experience with this brake kit but I grew up in Conn and Ralph the owner is a die hard car guy who is mainly into street rods and has a great reputation there.

I don't know if my old high school buddy Kenny Richards still works there but Kenny is a serious Mopar guy and very meticuloua about his cars so I guess I would recommend them just on knowing who they are.

Joey
© 2024 Moparts Forums