Moparts

Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics?

Posted By: NewMemberAgain

Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/18/08 12:23 PM

What are you using? What about custom base plates?

The setup that I am really after is that of the six pack style, but with the dual quad base.

I have looked at many websites, and all I really find is the Ford Cobra style, or the Eddy style, is that all there is?

Has any one made a custom base?

I have a Dart Sport with the six pack hood scoop, so lots of room to fit an air cleaner.

Any thoughts?

Bryan
Posted By: dvw

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/18/08 09:30 PM

You could always start with a Hemi 2x4 base. I'm pretty sure they repop them. You could then move the holes where you wanted. I did some housings tears ago and used the spacer that fits between the air filter housing and throttle body of GM vans. Fits Eddy & Holley carbs perfect. Just trim to correct height and weld in.
Doug
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/18/08 09:50 PM

If you've got a welder and a couple junk stock air cleaner bases as well as a 6 pack lid and filter you could fab something up yourself. The eddy dual quad intake is smaller than the 6 pack intake and not the same. Or you could buy a 6 pack air cleaner or hemi 2x4 air cleaner and splice and dice the bottom until it works. Doesn't sound like it would be too hard.

Wow! I just might have found it. Repro dual quad base - 11/18/08 10:59 PM

I was looking through a link froma link and it mentioned Year One.

Oddly enough they do re-pop the dual quad base!

Now to find the distance between the carbs.

Hope it is the same, that would be great!

Off to the A12 forum now...

Bryan
Posted By: 71DemonRON

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/19/08 12:47 AM

check out www.hybrid-fiberglass-solutions.com
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/19/08 01:09 AM

Well, oddly enough I will be building the exact same air cleaner soon for my Jensen Interceptor.
I have a CH28 Edelbrock #5440, and I'm going to run an oval Mopar air cleaner on it. I'll post pics when I start...

I have already made other unusual air cleaners, it's not THAT hard, just takes a little planning....

Posted By: NV69B7RR

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/20/08 12:22 AM

I did what you are planning to do on my 512 Eddy dual quad motor in my 69 RR. I bought a Hybrid fiberglass A12 six barrel base so I could seal up the airbox on the underside of my six pack hood. I cut out the center of the fiberglass base, ground off the edges of the Eddy air cleaner base, and mated the two together using epoxy and rivets. Now I can use the oval air filter and lid. Once the lid is on nobody knows the difference. Mine still needs some finishing before painting. The spacing on the Eddy manifold carb center to carb center is diffrent than the Hemi. which is why the repop bases don't fit the Eddy manifold. I did talk with the owner of Hyrbrid fiberglass and he said he could make the base to fit that manifold if there was enough sales to warrant it.

Attached picture 4824761-000_0001.jpg

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/20/08 02:24 AM

Heres a pic of the underside.

Attached picture 4825182-000_0002.jpg

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/20/08 02:35 AM

Heres a pic of it installed. Obviously it isn't quite finished yet.

Attached picture 4825207-000_0004.jpg

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/20/08 02:38 AM

Here you can see how it seals to the hood (and how dirty it is!).

Attached picture 4825212-000_0005.jpg
Posted By: SCATPK

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/20/08 04:41 AM

I bought the same baseplate for my gtx to have a fuctional cold air system for my 6pac hood. These are some old pics as I have cleaned it up since these were taken.

Attached picture 4825654-aircleaner002(Large).JPG

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/20/08 04:43 AM

Attached picture 4825657-DSC03066(Large).JPG

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/20/08 04:44 AM

Attached picture 4825664-DSC03088(Large).JPG

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/20/08 05:45 AM

Looks good!
Posted By: furious

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/20/08 07:25 PM

Nice thread, I have been putting together a dual four set up for my SB in the Barracuda. The only thing I could find was the chincy looking Edelbrock piece. Some nice ideas here.

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 11/20/08 11:41 PM

Thanks again for the great pictures.

I ordered up the el cheapo' Edelbrock dual quad air cleaner, and then from there we will mock up a base for it with aluminum, OR order up the A12 base and play copy cat.

I really like the look of the big six pak air cleaner now, and look forward to seeing which direction we take.

Will post some pics of before and after, maybe it will help someone else out, like i have been helped.

Bryan
Posted By: bb74swngr

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 11/21/08 12:17 AM

I know this looks cheezy but I used a Moroso adjustable dual quad base with a couple of cheap Eddy air-cleaners. I had the Eddy Elite air cleaner but it would not fit under the hood.
I am going to try and fab the Moroso base into an OEM base and use a regular air filter. Haven't tried this yet and hope it will hide the fact that there are two carbs...tee hee...

Attached picture 4827455-engineoct07a.JPG

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 11/21/08 05:09 AM

Quote:

I know this looks cheezy but I used a Moroso adjustable dual quad base with a couple of cheap Eddy air-cleaners. I had the Eddy Elite air cleaner but it would not fit under the hood.
I am going to try and fab the Moroso base into an OEM base and use a regular air filter. Haven't tried this yet and hope it will hide the fact that there are two carbs...tee hee...

Not cheezy at all looks good. And the engine and compartment is very sanitary!
Posted By: Greg55_99

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 11/21/08 05:22 PM

This is what the stock 1962 300H 413 used;

Greg
Posted By: furious

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 11/21/08 08:18 PM

Quote:

Greg

I would love to have another set of those, the same ones were used on 58s up. I wish I still had a set like came on my 57 Furys, even cooler.

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 11/21/08 09:12 PM

Quote:

Greg

Those are going for BIG bucks nowadays aren't they??
Posted By: Cuda67

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 11/22/08 02:04 AM

This is all I could find that fits under the hood. I have the Stage V intake and Holleys in a 65 Cornet with the engine set back 1-5/8". (e-body k member)

Attached picture 4830340-LT.JPG
Posted By: Slim Smitty

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 11/22/08 10:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Greg

Those are going for BIG bucks nowadays aren't they??

Yep. I sold a pair for $1000 on ebay.
They were being repopped a year ago for about $600.
Posted By: WO23Coronet

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 04/14/15 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By Greg55_99

Greg

The 60 Dodge I'm buying comes with a complete long ram setup but it also comes with a set of those air cleaners that I may put on an Edelbrock CH28 with some Carters instead of the long ram, can you still get filters?
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 04/14/15 04:42 AM

Originally Posted By WO23Coronet
Originally Posted By Greg55_99

Greg

The 60 Dodge I'm buying comes with a complete long ram setup but it also comes with a set of those air cleaners that I may put on an Edelbrock CH28 with some Carters instead of the long ram, can you still get filters?

Possibly ! grin

Attached picture P4130689.JPG

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? P - 04/14/15 04:50 AM

I did some digging around and K&N apparently makes one! Also looks like WIX and NAPA make paper elements still

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 04/14/15 04:53 AM

Originally Posted By CrAzYMoPaRGuY
Well, oddly enough I will be building the exact same air cleaner soon for my Jensen Interceptor.
I have a CH28 Edelbrock #5440, and I'm going to run an oval Mopar air cleaner on it. I'll post pics when I start...

I have already made other unusual air cleaners, it's not THAT hard, just takes a little planning....

Remember,if you are running a CH28 and want to use the oval air cleaners,you have to run AFB's.Also there will be no clearance between the air cleaners,the carb spacing is about 3/8 closer than the factory intake.

Here is my factory intake,everything from a 62 300H,

Attached picture 413 62.jpg

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 04/14/15 06:41 PM

Originally Posted By 62maxwgn
Originally Posted By CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Remember,if you are running a CH28 and want to use the oval air cleaners,you have to run AFB's.Also there will be no clearance between the air cleaners,the carb spacing is about 3/8 closer than the factory intake.

Here is my factory intake,everything from a 62 300H,

Can you use AVS's on the CH28?

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 04/14/15 06:56 PM

You can use them but you're going to have an issue with air cleaners.

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 04/14/15 07:43 PM

Are the air horns different sizes?(think they're the same) or is there some sort of interference? (Linkage etc)
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 04/14/15 08:45 PM

the older afb's had a 4 7/16" air horn. the avs's and edelbrock afb's have a 5 1/8" air horn.

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 04/14/15 11:34 PM

Ah, Thx for the heads up
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 04/15/15 02:12 AM

Anyone looking to buy, i am liquidating my extensive 35 year collection, of parts.
I am a pm away.
Jim V.

Attached picture Air Cleaner Stash 002 (Small).JPG
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Dual quad air cleaner pics? What are you using? Pics? - 04/16/15 11:53 AM

The repops were available through the Chrysler 300 club:

"Reproduction Chrysler 300 air cleaners again available. Both round and acsmall oval styles to fit 58 thru 64 dual 4 bbl cars. Cleaners are steel as original and painted correct colors with correct decals, ready to bolt on. $675 per pair. Call Mike Burke at 517 869 2651 or email: C300F@hotmail.com (08/21/14)"
© 2024 Moparts Forums