Moparts

69 roadrunner trunk weather striping

Posted By: Tyson

69 roadrunner trunk weather striping - 09/26/12 11:46 PM

Which is the correct way to install the trunk weather striping on a 69 roadrunner? Does anybody have a picture of what it's supposed to look like?
Posted By: 70mopes

Re: 69 roadrunner trunk weather striping - 09/27/12 08:13 AM

Get your part from Soffseal. They have the best material. Their part is soft enough to provide a good seal but also allow your trunk lid to shut properly. Get a tube of 3M weatherstrip adhesive. Lay down a thin strip of seal starting to the left of center using your trunk latch as a reference. Lay down maybe a foot of 3M weatherstrip adhesive. Lay your seal down, and secure with fingers while the adhesive tacks up. Takes a couple minutes. Don't put to much seal on to where it splooges out the sides. Lay down another foot or so of adhesive and keep going. Do the whole thing in small increments. Do the corners seperately as they are a bit tougher to keep the seal in place while it sets. Keep going until you have come full circle. Once you are to the end, cut the seal about 1/4 inch beyond you starting point so that it butts nicely when finished. Lay down your last bit of seal and put a small dab on the end of the seal itself. Place it carefully into position let it set for a bit and you are done.

Attached picture 7396374-IMG_3246.jpg
Posted By: Tyson

Re: 69 roadrunner trunk weather striping - 09/27/12 12:29 PM

Thank you, very helpful!!!
Posted By: Eagleone1983

Re: 69 roadrunner trunk weather striping - 09/27/12 02:03 PM

I've also heard of people using clothes pins to hold the seal while it tacks up and dries so you don't have to sit there holding it your self.
Posted By: JohnH

Re: 69 roadrunner trunk weather striping - 09/27/12 02:48 PM

I bought sever plastic clips from harbor frieght to hold the seal in place, and remover them as I went along and glued it in placed, then put the clip back in place after I glued it so I wouldn't pull it lose where I glued it, and remover them after a few hours, be careful just a small amount of glue or it will come out of the sides, and make your cut at the ends after you are done..
© 2024 Moparts Forums