Moparts

complete exhaust systems

Posted By: MOPAULY

complete exhaust systems - 09/23/12 01:36 PM

Any specific vendors to look at? I need to add full exhaust from the manifolds back on my 68 Charger this winter and need a complete system....something that fits and doesn't require me beating the hell out of it would be nice.
Posted By: fireeng

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/23/12 02:15 PM

Accurate exhaust. It's not cheap but the system bolted right on to my 71 challenger, looks stock and sounds awesome.
Posted By: Pntastar69

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/23/12 02:57 PM

Pypes Exhaust, just up the road a bit.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/23/12 05:05 PM

Quote:

Accurate exhaust. It's not cheap but the system bolted right on to my 71 challenger, looks stock and sounds awesome.

Posted By: 72blubird

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/23/12 08:28 PM

I have manifolds and upgraded to tti went to 2 1/2 inch with H-pipe. It bolted up great although the brackets are different than stock. Overall I am very happy and have had my system for probably close to 10 years on the road runner still sounds and performs great.
Posted By: Tom Hand

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/23/12 08:59 PM

Contact Waldron's and ask for Ruth and check into their systems. They make nice fitting ones that will not kill your pocket book.
WaldronsExhaust.com.
Tom
Posted By: syleng1

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/23/12 09:02 PM

Just my 2cents worth:

On the 340 Demon I have a 2.5" H-pipe TTI system and even thought it is awsome, I need to change the mufflers for a drowning noise while at low rpm (2k rpm specifically) in 4th gear. It's not the systems fault I probably need more gearing I run a 3.23 rear gear now. Good ground clearance and neat clean bends. After 5 years it still look awsome. Also I am running factory exhaust manifolds. Very helpful when deciding on what part to use.

On the /6 66 Barracuda automatic I went Accurate and went with the upgraded diameter. Not only does it look awsome but nobody knows is not factory. Quiet and clean.

Both systems are awsome. Good luck.
Joe
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/24/12 01:18 AM

Quote:

Contact Waldron's and ask for Ruth and check into their systems. They make nice fitting ones that will not kill your pocket book.
WaldronsExhaust.com.
Tom

Joe is by far one of the nicest guys you will ever deal with!!

Here's another fantastic option, but not cheap...

http://www.gardnerexhaust.com/1968-moparb-body-exhaust-system.html
Posted By: 72ls5fla

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/24/12 05:33 AM

Just an FYI -

I purchased Eric Gardener's exhaust for my 70 Challenger -
BEST thing ever. Perfect fit, finish and sound!

Also I previously purchased exhaust from him for my 67 435HP Vette and 72 454 Vette. Same quality and received around 90% of the NCRS judging points - anyone that know NCRS , its says a whole hell of alot about the exhaust.

Bill
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/24/12 08:42 PM

APPARENTLY GARDNER only does 440 and 426 e bodies?

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/25/12 12:37 AM

Thanks guys ill check em all out
Posted By: shakerjoe

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/25/12 02:36 PM

I'm pretty sure I've seen a Gardner add with an F8 A12 SuperBee...FWIW a friend of mine bought a setup from Gardner for his 70 GS Stage 1 Buick - went on with zero issues at all - it was perfect - my next door neighbor did a TTI setup on his 68 Charger R/T - also - no issues at all - Gardners had the crimps in all the right places (I guess) looks loke OE, TTI obviously aftermarket with smooth radius bends for performance - never have seen Accurate in person, I'd think would be like Gardner OE look
Posted By: Stewpar

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/26/12 02:26 AM

Quote:

APPARENTLY GARDNER only does 440 and 426 e bodies?

Nope, click on the link I posted previously......

Re: complete exhaust systems - 09/26/12 10:03 PM

Waldrons may end up being the best bet...accurate looks nice but yes expensive (unless they have sales), pypes website scares the hell out of me and is tough to navigate the sales page.
© 2024 Moparts Forums