Posted By: NachoRT74

carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/19/12 11:12 PM

what you read
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 12:18 AM

If you want a really great fit ACC is the way to go

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 12:51 AM

I got ACC and got a little bit dissapointed around 7 years ago. the molded shape wasn't really accurate and that made me to make wrong cuts, thickness is not the best and now is getting discolorated around sill plates. If I have to go with ACC because there is not a better one, will go with it, but if there is another better or similar option, will try that
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 01:29 AM

i've read alot of positive things about this place - http://www.ecsautomotive.com/productdesc.php?co=c&id=68 but that is way to rich for my blood. i have used http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/ twice and have been very happy with the look and fit.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 01:29 AM

I wasn't real happy with ACC. ECS is supposed to have the best carpet. But at almost $400 maybe you can live with something else.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 01:37 AM

Dante
Posted By: HEMIDOG 70

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 01:46 AM

I bought a carpet from Dante. I picked it up at Carlisle. We will be installing it Sat I hope. It was a Trim parts carpet. I laid it in the car before it went to the alignment shop it appeared alittle large around the 4spd hump but we will see when we actually start cutting it to fit. The carpet seems to have plenty of extra material around the edges though. I'll update after we attempt this weekend.

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 02:33 AM

Quote:

Dante

yeap, like has been said, Dante sells Trim Parts but also ACC ( he has both emblems on website )...and I'm wondering about manufacturers, not vendors.

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 02:35 AM

Quote:

I wasn't real happy with ACC. ECS is supposed to have the best carpet. But at almost $400 maybe you can live with something else.

definitelly! I rather preffer to spend $150 each 7 or 8 years which I'll have, than $400 in one transaction just for a carpet, that I don't have.
Posted By: fireeng

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 02:49 AM

my trim parts carpet for my 71 challenger was not molded properly and has several wrinkles and bumps on the hump in front of the console more so on the passenger side. My installers also had to use some glue on the rear floor in the foot wells to get it to look decent.

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 04:28 AM

Quote:

my trim parts carpet for my 71 challenger was not molded properly and has several wrinkles and bumps on the hump in front of the console more so on the passenger side.

my ACC too
Posted By: RoadRunnerJD

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 04:41 AM

Quote:

Dante

Dante sells Trim Parts and they have no shape. They aren't worth half the price of ACC! I bought an expensive set from Dante for my Barracuda fastback. The Trim Parts carpet did not fit worth a darn and I bought an ACC carpet to see if it would fit any better. It was night and day better! I couldn't give away the Trim Parts and ended up taking it to the landfill. It was a bad experience.

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 03:53 PM

damn, if ACC is way better than Trim Parts, I can't imagine Trim Parts then 'cause I didn't like the ACC I got
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 03:56 PM

ECS ship flat
Posted By: radar

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 03:59 PM

I like my ACC it is a little wrinkled in the driver's floor and the surge on the seams sun bleached orangey real fast but the pile is still fresh and it looks/feels good. 4spd a-body.

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 04:11 PM

Need to note, it seems Trim Parts carpets are Chrysler licensed

Posted By: BulletBob

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/20/12 05:21 PM

Quote:

Need to note, it seems Trim Parts carpets are Chrysler licensed

That doesn't mean anything
That just means that they paid Chrysler a big sum of money for a endorsement like the football players get
Posted By: furious70

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/21/12 10:25 PM

I'm not very happy with the fit of Trim parts in my 70 Fury. It's _somewhat_ correct, but the bumps for the seat belts are wrong and the back seat area did not have enough carpet behind the 'ledge' up to the seat to cover the floor, I had to graft pieces in. I had to fold the carpet over itself under the sill plates to make the seat belt area reasonable, but that leaves a fold visible.
Posted By: 300maximilien

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/21/12 11:47 PM

Just installed an ACC in my Lil Red .....fit like a glove, but I did use spray adhesive in areas since I also installed some deadened and insulation.

Spend the extra on mass backing IMO
Posted By: JD340

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/23/12 04:29 AM

Used an ACC years ago in my Dart. It was black, and faded to that reddish tinge in certain areas within a few years. Fast forward 10 years or so, and Trim Parts was the hot ticket. Talked Dad into one for his Dart. VERY weak stitching on the heel pad! I've never used ECS's, so I can't comment. I wasn't pleased with either of the first two.

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/23/12 05:41 AM

I believe that it cam out in a previous thread the ECS carpets are just ACC carpets shipped flat?
Posted By: RJS

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/23/12 05:09 PM

Back years ago ACC was the BEST.
After that time frame when they had lost ACC people in a plane crash their quality went to crap.
ACC carpets have always turned reddish in a couple of years.
I switched over to Trim Parts and had excellent color and fitment since.
Acc was always short in one place or another.

When Dave came out with the shipped flat carpet it sounds like a great idea but too much dough for me (I still have to get up for work everyday).

Dave's carpet is ACC but with a near perfect heel pad installation and then put in a flat box for shipping. I never had a problem laying a carpet as many here seem to say???

Unless I see otherwise I'll be buying another Trim Parts for my GTX.
Ron
Posted By: Dixie

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/23/12 10:48 PM

Quote:

After that time frame when they had lost ACC people in a plane crash their quality went to crap.
Acc was always short in
Ron

That's why moved from ACC to Trim Parts carpet.
Posted By: KARLN

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/23/12 10:57 PM

I wasn't happy with the fit on the last two ACC carpets so I ordered from Trim Parts. Should have it in soon.
Posted By: imfixinmopars426

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/23/12 11:13 PM

bought trim-parts for the super coupe,and fitment was s-word[crap]...terrible! all the humps,and bumps were in the wrong places,and too big,or small. but what to do? once in and all is done is looks ok,but i would buy the ecs stuff for the good cars.
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/24/12 12:38 AM

the acc carpet in my 65 coronet is garbage. i'll replace it this winter and don't mind spending extra money for a better product.
Posted By: gomangoRTSE

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/24/12 02:50 AM

Is anyone glueing their carpets once they put the insulation underneath to help promote shaping?

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/24/12 03:48 AM

Quote:

I wasn't happy with the fit on the last two ACC carpets so I ordered from Trim Parts. Should have it in soon.

I think a lot of guys will look forward to a report!

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/24/12 03:53 AM

Quote:

I bought a carpet from Dante. I picked it up at Carlisle. We will be installing it Sat I hope. It was a Trim parts carpet. I laid it in the car before it went to the alignment shop it appeared alittle large around the 4spd hump but we will see when we actually start cutting it to fit. The carpet seems to have plenty of extra material around the edges though. I'll update after we attempt this weekend.

How did it go?

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/24/12 04:52 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Acc was always short in
Ron

That's why moved from ACC to Trim Parts carpet.

yes I have seen lot of resto shops are now offering Trim parts instead ACC. Long time ago whne I bought my ACC, was the lead on ebay auctions... not anymore.

Well I went with Trim Parts from Tamraz because they also sells AMD Door hinges good priced, so will be able to save on shipping. I'm waiting for the new ebay invoice from them including the upper hinges to my Charger and pay all together ( they told me will add to my order those because they aren't offering those on ebay by piece )... weird has been 4 days now and still haven't received the updated invoice.
Posted By: HEMIDOG 70

Re: carpet...ACC or Trim Parts? - 09/24/12 11:35 AM

Sorry I did not get the car back from the shop as expected yet. It was in for alignment,inspection and a small repair on the lower front fender. It will be a while now as I will be out of town this coming weekend.
© 2024 Moparts Forums