Moparts

Glass Channel Weatherstrip?

Posted By: 70hemi4spdbee

Glass Channel Weatherstrip? - 08/25/12 08:51 PM

Looking for whomever reproduces the glass channel weatherstrip that goes on the front of door glass, rides in the vent window frame and attaches with the white plastic "T" clips. For 68- 70 B body. Saw a set on Ebay for $300....that's just way too much money....
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Glass Channel Weatherstrip? - 08/25/12 08:55 PM

Quote:

Looking for whomever reproduces the glass channel weatherstrip that goes on the front of door glass, rides in the vent window frame and attaches with the white plastic "T" clips. For 68- 70 B body. Saw a set on Ebay for $300....that's just way too much money....

you can get it from a dealer but hold on to wallet, they are expensive.
Posted By: djenkins83

Re: Glass Channel Weatherstrip? - 08/25/12 10:17 PM

I just ordered a set last week from justmopar.com. I got them in the mail yesterday and they were the aftermarket catwhisker brand. I was told all the oem mopar ones that you use to get at the dealership were on backorder with no projected available date. Comparing my new ones with the old looked to be pretty close to the same but my old ones were in really bad shape. The new ones were $90 for the pair and came with all the clips. It will be another month or two before I'm ready to put them in so maybe someone else can chime in about how good they fit.

Re: Glass Channel Weatherstrip? - 08/25/12 11:07 PM

Quote:

I just ordered a set last week from justmopar.com. I got them in the mail yesterday and they were the aftermarket catwhisker brand. I was told all the oem mopar ones that you use to get at the dealership were on backorder with no projected available date. Comparing my new ones with the old looked to be pretty close to the same but my old ones were in really bad shape. The new ones were $90 for the pair and came with all the clips. It will be another month or two before I'm ready to put them in so maybe someone else can chime in about how good they fit.

good to know, thanks! i checked over at Dixie Resto (my heros) and they have them at $55. i'm assuming by 'cat whisker brand' you meant Top Cat so that would probably be where they would get them also.
Posted By: djenkins83

Re: Glass Channel Weatherstrip? - 08/25/12 11:37 PM

Yea top cat is what I meant. Glad to see you found them cheaper. Will have to keep that in mind next time I need some.

Re: Glass Channel Weatherstrip? - 08/25/12 11:42 PM

the folks at Dixie are the 'shizzle'!
© 2024 Moparts Forums