Moparts

Attaching parking brake cable to pedal on '69 Super Bee

Posted By: Black_Bee

Attaching parking brake cable to pedal on '69 Super Bee - 08/25/12 05:01 AM

Hey guys!

Im trying to hook up the parking brake cable to the pedal on my '69 Super Bee. Its been years since I took it off, and I have no idea how it re-attaches. I have a service manual for a '70 Coronet, and it isnt much help.

How do I attach the cable? Do I have to remove the pedal from the car before attaching it?

Thanks!
Posted By: manymopars

Re: Attaching parking brake cable to pedal on '69 Super Bee - 08/25/12 06:21 AM

Ounce the front cable passes through the firewall, the cable will need to be inserted through the hole in the bottom of the pedal assembly. There should be a retaining clip on the cable which will lock the cable into the pedal assembly hole.All you have to do next is insert the round or cylinder shaped cable end into the swivel clasp or bracket with the slot in it.You will want to install the cable to the pedal assembly first before hooking the other end of the front cable to the rear cables.Hope this helps
Posted By: rapid67rt

Re: Attaching parking brake cable to pedal on '69 Super Bee - 08/25/12 12:43 PM

Couple of bolts in the fender well will remove the assembly. Alot easier to put the cable back in this way. Just my experience.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Attaching parking brake cable to pedal on '69 Super Bee - 08/25/12 08:53 PM

Quote:

Couple of bolts in the fender well will remove the assembly. Alot easier to put the cable back in this way. Just my experience.

mine too and you can clean up the assembly at the same time.

Re: Attaching parking brake cable to pedal on '69 Super Bee - 08/26/12 06:35 AM

Thanks guys! Will pull it out to attach.

Re: Attaching parking brake cable to pedal on '69 Super Bee - 09/09/12 05:00 AM

Hey guys!

Finally got a chance to work on this. My cable is missing the retaining clip that attaches the cable to the pedal.

What exactly does this clip look like?

Thanks!
© 2024 Moparts Forums