Moparts

wiper motor question??

Posted By: sailboat

wiper motor question?? - 08/10/12 12:42 AM

two speed wiper motor in ebody. car sat for twenty five years, recently restored, with the exception of the wiper motor. Motor works, but wipers are very slow, only work in one speed and will not fully go back into park> Is it a motor problem? Switch? Ground? ballast resister thing??

Thanks
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: wiper motor question?? - 08/10/12 01:38 AM

i would say after all those years of sitting it's a combination of all except the ballast. re-ground, take switch apart and clean, try again!

Re: wiper motor question?? - 08/10/12 01:39 AM

you think more the switch than motor?.

Re: wiper motor question?? - 08/10/12 02:11 AM

Quote:

you think more the switch than motor?.

after 25 years it could be anything or a combo of all. if it were me i would start by re-grounding the motor and then switch. those are just the easiest and most likely places to start.
Posted By: JohnH

Re: wiper motor question?? - 08/10/12 02:55 PM

Peplace the motor,, switch is working because it is sending power to the motor... I just put one on my Charger,,, NAPA has them..

Re: wiper motor question?? - 08/10/12 09:51 PM

Quote:

Peplace the motor,, switch is working because it is sending power to the motor... I just put one on my Charger,,, NAPA has them..

if you have the coin, then by all means replace everything! it's most likely a bad ground.

Re: wiper motor question?? - 08/12/12 04:16 PM

Thanks guys. Turned out to be a wire broken off in the w/w moor harness. Break wasnt visable as it was in the actual bakelite connector.
© 2024 Moparts Forums