Moparts

YEAR ONE WIRING HARNESS

Posted By: JohnH

YEAR ONE WIRING HARNESS - 07/26/12 04:59 AM

Getting ready to reinstall the old wiring harness in my 69 Charger, and was thinking about getting new one's from year one. Wondering who all has replaced their wiring harness from year one? were you happy with the results and connections?
Posted By: Mad_Scientist

Re: YEAR ONE WIRING HARNESS - 07/26/12 05:03 AM

I replaced my interior harness with a YO. It seemed like a nice piece to me. I didn't see any issues with the wiring or connectors. Others may have had different experiences. I did modify the harness to cut the amp guage out and upgraded some of the wiring to a bigger guage, but that was only because my car is far from stock.
Posted By: fiddlerfingers

Re: YEAR ONE WIRING HARNESS - 07/26/12 06:51 AM

I replace my entire harrness system in my 71 RR and every harrness was spot on. It was all plug n play no mods needed.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: YEAR ONE WIRING HARNESS - 07/26/12 09:27 AM

Year One carries M&H afaik. From what I understand, they are the best. I did get a harness or two from Evans, and they were good, as well, and normally are at the Nationals, if you wanted to pick one up there.
I don't think they do dash harnesses, though.
Posted By: 68KillerBee

Re: YEAR ONE WIRING HARNESS - 07/26/12 12:02 PM

I replaced mine earlier this year (underdash harness) on my super bee. Had no problems at all with it. Also had my engine bay one from evans a few years back when I switched to electronic ignition, once again no problems.

Just buy the harness using one of the discount codes. Its in a thread under the "hot deals and new products". There is a 20% off deal going right now.
Posted By: burdar

Re: YEAR ONE WIRING HARNESS - 07/26/12 02:52 PM

I bought every harness that Year One listed for my car. The only thing I had to reuse was the radio harnesses and Rallye "light group" harnesses. Everything else is new.

The tail light bulb sockets were a little different then the original ones. The main alternator wiring insulator was a rubber piece instead of the stock hard plastic. And the insulation around the horn wires was different but other then that, they fit just fine.

I made sure to double check the connections and cross referenced the wires between the old and new harnesses. I hooked a battery up to the car last month and everything works.
Posted By: GreenBird

Re: YEAR ONE WIRING HARNESS - 07/30/12 06:58 PM

69 Road Runner. I installed all new harnesses from YO (made by M&H) and everything works. Wires are the correct colors for using original schematics. Only thing that surprised me was the under dash harness includes a fuse box that uses glass fuses, I guess to be true to the original.
Posted By: JohnH

Re: YEAR ONE WIRING HARNESS - 07/31/12 12:08 AM

Thanks for all your replys... New wires on order...
© 2024 Moparts Forums