Moparts

360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions?

Posted By: beleneagle

360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/14/12 02:11 AM

Hi Guys! I just received a P5249843 360 magnum balance weight and positioning template package, and didn't get the template! Does anyone here happen to have a copy, or can tell me where the weights need to go?

Many Thanks

David
Posted By: BulletBob

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/14/12 06:44 AM

The Mag uses a Zero Balance convertor meaning no weight the flexplate on the other hand has the weight
Just simply buy a stock flexplate or an aftermarket like B&M etc
Posted By: mcmopars

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/14/12 12:44 PM

Quote:

Hi Guys! I just received a P5249843 magnum 360 balance weight and positioning template package, and didn't get the template! Does anyone here happen to have a copy, or can tell me where the weights need to go?

Many Thanks

David

i looked for my old template,but no such luck.send it back and get a new one or buy a weighted flex plate.b/m makes one for @ $80.00

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/15/12 05:36 PM

I found a set for the LA 360, is the weight placement the same? I know that the Magnum uses less weight. Buying a flexplate is out of the question right now, so I really need to know where the weights need to go......

Thanks

David

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/16/12 04:12 AM

Hello? I would like the instructions. I did after all buy the weight kit from Moparts! Can't somebody help me, or is this gonna be just like Wal Mart?

I'm not buying a B&M flexplate, so please don't suggest it. I'm trying to get by with a little as possible, so that leaves the B&M out.

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/16/12 06:38 AM

David, Why can't you use a stock 5.9 Magnum flexplate? Are you using a small pattern convertor?
I'm not a WalMart employee but I've done quite a few 5.9 Mag conversions & only trying to help.
Posted By: mcmopars

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/16/12 11:25 AM

hell o welcome to wal- mart. i would have called us mcdonalds if i were you. the magnum is weighted differant.good luck
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/16/12 04:05 PM

hi david, i have the 2 sided original instruction sheet you need. send me a pm with your address and i will send it along. one side has the install directions and the other has the dimensions to weld the weights to the converter . thanks, ron

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/17/12 04:41 AM

Done! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you!

David

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/17/12 05:05 AM

Quote:

David, Why can't you use a stock 5.9 Magnum flexplate? Are you using a small pattern convertor?
I'm not a WalMart employee but I've done quite a few 5.9 Mag conversions & only trying to help.

I have the stock flexplate, but it is my understanding the converter had weights welded to them till they changed the flexplate in 96', and mine is a 94'. Since the engine that I'm replacing is a 318, I need to add the weights to the converter. Right? I'm running a 904 tranny for now.

David

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/17/12 05:50 AM

I didn't realize that the early 5.9 Mag uses a different crank

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/17/12 05:38 PM

No biggie Bob, but since we're at Mc Donalds, lets super size!

David
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/17/12 07:37 PM

Quote:

hi david, i have the 2 sided original instruction sheet you need. send me a pm with your address and i will send it along. one side has the install directions and the other has the dimensions to weld the weights to the converter . thanks, ron

Why not scan it and post it here for everybody to see?
Posted By: 1969ronnie

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/17/12 10:08 PM

hi david, mailed it out after lunch. as soon as i get a minute,i will scan it for you guys. thanks, ronnie

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/18/12 05:15 AM

Many thanks Ronnie! You da man!

David

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/22/12 01:21 AM

Hi guys, I received the correct instructions today. When I get a chance I'll see if my buddy can scan then so I can post them here. I found a couple of pictures of the factory set up that I can post if anyone is interested.....

Thanks Again Ronnie!

David
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/22/12 07:53 PM

Post all you've got.

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/25/12 06:10 AM

This is the diagram showing the proper placement of the weights.

David

Attached File

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/25/12 06:17 AM

The instructions for diagram in the above post is in this attachment.
Here is a picture of the two different Magnum flexplates with the 360 on the right.

And here's a 360 LA flywheel drilling diagram..

David

Attached File

Re: 360 Magnum converter weight set instuctions? - 07/25/12 06:27 AM

Here is mine after adding the weights (which are alot thicker than the single factory weight):

David

I hope this helps anyone crazy enough to do this (Like me)!

© 2024 Moparts Forums