Moparts

Mopar Valve cover breather?

Posted By: Fishyink

Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/13/12 04:36 PM

I'm using the new fabricated aluminum valve covers on my 408 and they come with a wrinkle finished breather cap with the Mopar "M" on it. This weekend it appears that it "walked away" at a car show. Does anybody know where and if I can order a replacement? I've looked in the Mopar Performance catalog and they don't show it separately. If I have to I can probably make a new one.

Thanks,

Shad Burkiett

Attached picture 7290660-408.JPG
Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/14/12 07:45 AM

Sorry, I can't help. I would be P.O. that someone stole it
Reminds me of my bronze painted car with gold anadized hood hold-downs/pins and somebody took one of the pins when I was parked at school.

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/14/12 04:11 PM

I called the Mopar tech line and they gave me the suppliers #. I called them and they said that they have some and will sell one to me but since it has a trademarked logo on it they have to get a hold of their contact at Mopar and make sure it is ok to sell one. So there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

Shad

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/16/12 06:11 PM

Got good news today.

Rebecca Clark from Ansen Valve Covers called me back today and said that Mopar gave her the green light to sell me a new breather cap. Plus she is going to include another one for free! Now that is great customer service!!! It's good to see that there are still companies/people like that still out there.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/16/12 06:16 PM

Great to hear,

I wonder if it vibrated out and fell out? If only the rubber groment is holding it in there then it is a very real possibility. Good thing you got a spare.
Those would never fly on a racing engine at the track, the breathers have to be positive locking because those are known to pop out. Good luck to ya. Got duct tape?
Got a PCV system on it? You need one to control crankcase ventalation. The hose usually attaches to the breather and keeps it from getting lost.

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/16/12 07:08 PM

I don't think it fell out, I'm pretty sure I saw it at some point while I was at the show.

I doubt the car will see the track, if it does it'll be maybe once a year?

The PCV system is on the other side.
Posted By: CUDAJAS

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/16/12 09:15 PM

cool stuff..BTW I LOVE those valve covers.

Ansen you say....

Jason

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/18/12 10:56 AM

Thanks.

Yes,Ansen is the supplier of the valve covers but you have to buy them through Mopar.

P5155525 - for Small block

P5155526 - for Big block
Posted By: werty

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/18/12 02:39 PM

I'm glad to hear the company stood behind you and gave you a deal on a new breather cap. you say those pics are of a duster? What fan set up are you using as I have a 71 Demon and want to change to electric fans. Thanks werty.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/18/12 03:40 PM

Not saying that this was true in your case but I have had breathers blow out on me before.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/18/12 04:02 PM

Quote:

Not saying that this was true in your case but I have had breathers blow out on me before.

Yup, that's what I suggested and it will happen again if he doesn't do something different. Been there and have had it happen.

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/18/12 06:16 PM

I believe that it is a BeCool setup. I can check for sure when I get home.

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/19/12 10:57 AM

It is a BeCool radiator and a SPAL fan.

Attached picture 7298893-radiator.jpg
Posted By: Kiddart

Re: Mopar Valve cover breather? - 07/19/12 02:22 PM

I got mine out of jegs they are real nice fit well and dont leak. very nice quality.
© 2024 Moparts Forums