Moparts

Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up?

Posted By: Molloy

Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up? - 07/05/12 05:21 AM

So I'm swapping out the rod ends on my 05 Magnum RT. Everything is going fine until I start opening the boxes of new parts from Moog. I look at the outers and find this (attached). I recall checking one box of each inner and outer at the parts store. Guess I should have checked all four boxes. Anyone know which is the real Moog part? I find it hard to believe that they are just sourced from different foundries or something. We'll see what they say at the parts store tomorrow.

Attached picture 7277978-IMG_7850.JPG

Re: Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up? - 07/05/12 05:22 AM

nother pic.

Attached picture 7277979-IMG_7851.JPG

Re: Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up? - 07/05/12 05:23 AM

Same part number...on the box.

Attached picture 7277980-IMG_7852.JPG
Posted By: pro451bee

Re: Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up? - 07/05/12 06:32 AM

Nice
Posted By: Reggie

Re: Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up? - 07/05/12 06:42 AM

ES3571 on the Moog site looks like the the one on the left.

http://www.moog-suspension-parts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MOOG-ES3571

Attached picture 7278035-MoogES3571.jpg
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up? - 07/05/12 01:12 PM

What you could have here it's what's commonly referred to in the parts industry as a "re-box". That is if a store or chain switches brands, it's not unusual for the new supplier to go to all the stores and re-box the merchandise already on the shelves into their boxes. This is common in cases where the brand is not identified on the part. It does seem surprising that Federal-Mogul (Moog) would do this on chassis parts. Then again it could be as simple as a supplier change by Moog.
Posted By: Ron_M

Re: Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up? - 07/05/12 01:32 PM

Looks to me like someone switched the contents (1) out of confusion or (2) deliberately to return for credit (many sleeze ball shops do this) or (3) to get a more expensive part at a lower price. By that I mean taking a lower priced part and putting in the higher priced parts box and buy the lower priced part with the more expensive contents. Happens quite often. The store should take care of it for you. If they had to order it (not store stock) I would call them first and have them order then go there to avoid a wasted trip.
Sorry to see your the victum of this.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up? - 07/05/12 01:35 PM

Quote:

Looks to me like someone switched the contents (1) out of confusion or (2) deliberately to return for credit (many sleeze ball shops do this) or (3) to get a more expensive part at a lower price. Sorry to see your the victum of this.

Yup I know of a shop nearby who does this, one of my buds runs a Car Quest store.

Re: Will the real Moog tie rod end please stand up? - 07/05/12 03:11 PM

FWIW this was an Advance Auto Parts store. They took back the impostor part, but I had to go to another store to get a real Moog outer tie rod.
© 2024 Moparts Forums