Moparts

Anyone running this steering box yet?

Posted By: NAS Backyard

Anyone running this steering box yet? - 06/26/12 07:18 AM

http://www.borgeson.com/xcart/product.php?productid=1722
This is more in my budget then the AlterKation...
Posted By: GTXKen

Re: Anyone running this steering box yet? - 06/26/12 04:31 PM

Still a bit pricey but very interesting. Looks about the same size and weight as the manual box which is a big advantage.

Re: Anyone running this steering box yet? - 06/26/12 07:42 PM

I'm on my 2nd Cardone rebuild and it feels pretty sloppy already. I need to do something soon and this might be it. I heard the Cardone rebuilder's don't put much love in their work anymore. I was going at a high rate of speed on a back country road out in the Delta (no one around) , and I couldn't even hold it straight. Scary....
Posted By: 318 Stroker

Re: Anyone running this steering box yet? - 06/26/12 07:56 PM

Quote:

I'm on my 2nd Cardone rebuild and it feels pretty sloppy already. I need to do something soon and this might be it. I heard the Cardone rebuilder's don't put much love in their work anymore. I was going at a high rate of speed on a back country road out in the Delta (no one around) , and I couldn't even hold it straight. Scary....

From what I know of A1 Cardones' reputation, I wouldn't trust them to rebuild a pencil sharpener..

Re: Anyone running this steering box yet? - 06/26/12 10:00 PM

I just called them and their about a week out. They dont have all the hose issues sorted out. Basically what they do is take a 14:1 box,rebuild it, machine off the mounts and weld on a mount to make it fit specific applications. he said you have to cut off the Mopar steering shaft and put one of their adapters on it. It has a 3 yr warranty. It will also be sold thru their dealers. I may have to spring for one the way my car is driving. My friend Terry has 3 NOS boxes he paid over 500.00 ea for from a dealer when they still had them, so I'm not that far off NOS prices.
© 2024 Moparts Forums