Moparts

Air Cleaner Spacers

Posted By: 340SHORTY

Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/18/12 04:27 AM

Is there anywhere to get 6 pac carb air cleaner spacers??

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/18/12 06:43 PM

Bumpity bump
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/18/12 07:00 PM

What are you trying to do , raise up the air cleaner ?

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/19/12 04:53 AM

Yeeep.
Posted By: wally426ci

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/19/12 12:54 PM

I have not seen them but my 4 barrel one sucks. ITs plastic and mangles its way crooked....

I plan on switching back out to my 340 air cleaner.

Good luck in the search.

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/19/12 03:14 PM

Im begining to think its a hopeless search..

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/19/12 05:04 PM

Quote:

I will agree , never seen one before , I think someone asked about one once and got the same results .

now I'll ask ... WHY ???
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/19/12 05:21 PM

Quote:

Nope, not hopeless. How thick are you looking for? I wrote a CNC program to make 3/8" spacers for mine. I think I made extras but if they are not the correct thickness for you I still have the program and could make more.

Quote:

I will agree , never seen one before , I think someone asked about one once and got the same results .

now I'll ask ... WHY ???

Don't know about the original poster but if you are using the 4782/4783 mechanical carbs the fuel fitting on the front carb hits the bottom of the 70-71 aircleaner base pretty bad. I made 3/8 spacers to fix mine. Still fits fine under a cuda hood.

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/19/12 05:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

now I'll ask ... WHY ???

I have a fiberglass hood for my 81 shorty. I am putting a lare 60s early 70 Pro Stook style hood scoop on it. I plan on useing 1 of "Paint it Blacks" 69.5 6 pac base. I made my own base years ago and it sits so low that I had to cut the back side to get clearance for the wiper motor. By raising it some I will get more clearance for the base and get it closer to the bottom of the hood.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/19/12 05:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

now I'll ask ... WHY ???

I have a fiberglass hood for my 81 shorty. I am putting a lare 60s early 70 Pro Stook style hood scoop on it. I plan on useing 1 of "Paint it Blacks" 69.5 6 pac base. I made my own base years ago and it sits so low that I had to cut the back side to get clearance for the wiper motor. By raising it some I will get more clearance for the base and get it closer to the bottom of the hood.

If you are wanting to raise the aircleaner base up to the bottom of a truck hood then you would need real tallll spacers. Might be easier to make an airbox on the bottom of the hood.

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/19/12 06:37 PM

Quote:

If you are wanting to raise the aircleaner base up to the bottom of a truck hood then you would need real tallll spacers. Might be easier to make an airbox on the bottom of the hood.

Will too tall a spacer affect the airflow in a negative manner.
Posted By: dart1962_440

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/20/12 12:53 AM

What about thicker carb to manifold gaskets or a carb spacer for a 2bbl?

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=8530

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/search-2bbl-carburetor-spacer.html
Posted By: ahy

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/20/12 01:14 AM

A real tall spacer will magnify vibration and movement of the engine... the top of that air cleaner will really be moving. The carbs, spacer and/or air cleaner may not be happy with the vibration loading.

Re: Air Cleaner Spacers - 06/20/12 09:00 AM

I have 1 of the Schuemacher torque straps. The engine doesnt move much.
© 2024 Moparts Forums