Moparts

Converting to 6 Barrels, Where to buy?

Posted By: 440custom

Converting to 6 Barrels, Where to buy? - 05/31/12 07:30 PM

I'm thinking of taking the plunge and going to a Six Pack on my 440. I see they have 69/70 carbs and then they have 71 Carbs. What's the difference? What's simpler? Also is there a vendor that has the manifold, carbs, installation hardware etc that sells everything in package form at a discounted price so to speak?

The car is a 74 Barracuda with an automatic, 3.23 gears etc with right around a 2500 rpm stall. Motor has a mild hilift comp cam (hyd). 10 to 1 compression, Eddy heads. I have a Holley hi-volume mech fuel pump on it now, that I've read may need a regulator?

I know they take a bit of patience to tune and get sorted, but lets face it, it's pretty neat to pull the air cleaner and see those carbs sitting there! Thanks
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Converting to 6 Barrels, Where to buy? - 05/31/12 07:53 PM

well, i got my manifold at a National Auto store and all the carbs from Mancini. keep in mind this was 25 years ago ! today you can get this stuff at any number of vendors including needed linkage, brackets and stuff like that. i would shy away from Year One as while the quality is there the price isn't. do a little shopping around get prices and then do yourself a big favor. call Dixie (member here) and see what he can do.
Posted By: StukaJU87

Re: Converting to 6 Barrels, Where to buy? - 05/31/12 07:56 PM

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/2475K/10002/-1
Posted By: HemiRick

Re: Converting to 6 Barrels, Where to buy? - 05/31/12 08:30 PM

Call Ben ask and him

http://promaxcarbs.com/
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Converting to 6 Barrels, Where to buy? - 05/31/12 09:31 PM

There a new 440 6 manifold in the parts section on Moparts, pretty good price, Summit Racing probally has the best carb prices, I'd recommend the 340 Carbs on your 440 set-up, larger air bleeds, same CFM as the 440 carbs, better price also, air cleaner from Mancini Racing or Summit, shop around, sometimes the one stop shop isn't the best deal, linkage can be had from SummitRacing, only air filter elements available right now are the K&N's...
Posted By: Ply72rr

Re: Converting to 6 Barrels, Where to buy? - 05/31/12 10:12 PM

Herbs Parts

Herbs has pretty good prices on complete set ups and is great to deal with.
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Converting to 6 Barrels, Where to buy? - 05/31/12 10:26 PM

Mancini Racing should have everything you need to go six-pack.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Converting to 6 Barrels, Where to buy? - 06/02/12 03:12 AM

Atlantic speed got mine for $2100 shipped... w/ $100 off e-bay coupon
© 2024 Moparts Forums