Moparts

What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda?

Posted By: viperblue72

What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 05/31/12 02:56 AM

I ran into a dilema with my cuda i am trying to get running. Someone put a driver side spindle on the passenger side just to move it around. The driver side is fine and all stock with disc brakes. The passenger side I need a new spindle and brake rotor. What would be the best way to do this? What cars would have a spindle and rotor that interchanges?
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 05/31/12 03:18 AM

70-72 B & E body are all the same.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 05/31/12 03:20 AM

Quote:

Not quite... Disc vs drum matters...
Posted By: hemi71x

Re: What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 05/31/12 03:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The op stated it's a disc brake car.
That's what my reply is.
Posted By: amxautox

Re: What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 05/31/12 03:29 AM

The Seattle Chapter of Mopars Unlimited is having their car show and swap this Sunday up in Everett, Wa. Are you going to be there? I know it's LONG drive for you. I'll have to look up where Juction City is.

Maybe someone who is going to be there can bring a spindle and rotor and maybe caliper, and they should PM you or answer in this thread if they have one and are going to be there.

Or maybe someone from Or. can pick it up and deliver to you.

Worth a try anyway.

Ya, you are down there aways.

Re: What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 05/31/12 04:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The op stated it's a disc brake car.
That's what my reply is.

Not meaning to be a butt head but O/P asks "What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda?"
You respond with "70-72 B & E body are all the same."...... Think about it... You & I know what interchanges, the O/P doesn't so you need to give complete information

Re: What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 05/31/12 04:35 PM

Thanks for the replies. I didn't know what interchanges other than disc and drum are different. Junction city is 1 1/2 hours south from Portland. Everett is not that far but I have plans for Saturday. Unfortunately they included trying to get my cuda running. .

Now that I know what directly interchanges, can you take a later model spindle 73 and newer and swap it with a ball joint sleeve or something?

Re: What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 05/31/12 04:50 PM

The 73-74 E body/73-76 A body spindle has a large bearing area so while the complete spindle & rotor is a direct bolt on with no adapting needed you can't use the early rotor on the late spindle....

Re: What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 06/04/12 04:57 AM

Unfortunately that would have been easier if I'd known that. I got impatient and got a spindle off a 72 sattelite and some new rotors on the way. The unfortunate part is the earlier rotors are gonna cost me 177 a piece.
Posted By: 71birdJ68

Re: What spindles interchange on my 72 cuda? - 06/04/12 12:56 PM

I just went through this ordeal too. But on the bright side if you got the U.S. made rotors like I did, they are far better than the kun-fu $40.00 rotors for the A bodies.
© 2024 Moparts Forums