Moparts

Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outside?

Posted By: RangerDan440

Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outside? - 05/25/12 02:31 AM

Other than the old key punch?
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 02:32 AM

I'm not much of a car thief, so I usually just drill it out.

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 02:41 AM

Im trying not to destroy it Jeff. My Duster doesnt have a key for the trunk and I have an NOS trunk lock and key and obviously my 250 lb butt isnt crawling into the trunk to open it from the inside.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 02:43 AM

Pull the back seat and use a ratchet and a bunch of extensions and a socket. Remove the latch.

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 02:45 AM

Quote:

Im trying not to destroy it Jeff. My Duster doesnt have a key for the trunk and I have an NOS trunk lock and key and obviously my 250 lb butt isnt crawling into the trunk to open it from the inside.

Last one I did was a really rough '59 Dodge...no keys to the car and had to get it open for Customs/Quarantine in Oz, so out came the drill...

But have done it with a bunch of extensions taped together like Stumpy mentions in the past too.

Attached picture 7220429-7209442-OzDrillFaster.gif
Posted By: Alaskan_TA

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 02:59 AM

Quote:

Pull the back seat and ......

tape a standard screw driver with a slim tip to a broom handle or something similar. Slip it into the latch slot & turn.

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 03:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

tape a standard screw driver with a slim tip to a broom handle or something similar. Slip it into the latch slot & turn.

Or use an angle grinder and cut a hole in the trunk lid, so you can reach in with a screw driver and do the same.

Up to you which way you think is more fun...Barry's or mine.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 03:20 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Done it a bunch of times, if you have to, and are not fat like me, just take the back seat out and crawl in there with a screwdriver, better yet get you wife...
Posted By: TX9H6E4CUDA

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 03:50 AM

Oh wait you said you didnt want to destory it..........sorry gotta go through the trunk.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 04:49 AM

Give 1 of the neighborhood kids a 1/2 socket and ratchet. Stuff him or her through the back seat and tell them when they come out they get a $5.00 dollr bill. You will have lots of volunteers. O

Or drill the tumbler out and use a flat screwdriver to open the latch..
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 05:08 AM

132 views, 9 replys... Must be allot of car thieves that don't want to talk about it....
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 05:23 AM

IT's only a Duster. That won't much of an extension to get to the bolts. Just be glad it's not Feets' Imp....
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 05:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

thats how I do it from the inside. I'm not even gonna try to crawl into the trunk, no way no how
Otherwise its a hammer and punch from the outside
Posted By: radar

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outsid - 05/25/12 07:08 AM

No thievery here! One time I got a bookbag strap caught in the latch and it wouldnt open with the key I did like they said and made a long tool for it. And Im 6'2" 300lbs so quit bitchin
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outside? - 05/26/12 04:33 AM

I cant believe a so called mopar guy would post a question like this?
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outside? - 05/26/12 08:13 AM

Remember he was only a LT in the guard. Thats only 2 steps above an Ensign..

Hi LT.

Re: Hey Car Thieves...Removing a Trunk Lock From the Outside? - 05/26/12 02:44 PM

Quote:

I cant believe a so called mopar guy would post a question like this?

Im surprised we still let you post here
© 2024 Moparts Forums