Moparts

Heater / AC controls - help identify please!

Posted By: edp

Heater / AC controls - help identify please! - 05/24/12 05:20 AM

Hi all - a few questions,

I have these two control setups & I'm not sure what the differences are or which is for which year - can someone help identify these.

One of them is going into my 71 Satellite project, not sure if one has any advantage over the other. This is all part of reconditioning the heater box assembly.

Also, could I bench test the controller attached to the heater box if i connected a vacuum pump to it and what amount of vacuum would I want to pull to come close to engine idle?

One last question - is there a color coded vacuum diagram available for these boxes - I have the 71 factory manual but there black & white - sure would be nice to have color.

Thanks!

Before.....

Almost after..

Posted By: Daty Rogers

Re: Heater / AC controls - help identify please! - 05/24/12 06:43 AM

I think the one on the left is 72 later, one on the right is 71 earlier.

-Daty
Posted By: 70mopes

Re: Heater / AC controls - help identify please! - 05/24/12 06:51 AM

I'd be inclined to say the one on the right is '72 and later based on a unit I have that was removed from a '73 Charger that looks just like it. It may be possible that the vacuum controlers are original to each assy... if so, they are date coded. That would provide some insight.
Posted By: moparmarks

Re: Heater / AC controls - help identify please! - 05/24/12 12:43 PM

Heres the poop Betty Boop. The left one is a 71 and correct for your car. 72 is the same but has a white housing. The right one is a 73/4 unit.
Yes you can use a vaccum pump to test the actuators. Yes there is a color code for the lines. I'll see if I have one.
Have a whole box of these from all the cars I parted.
Posted By: edp

Re: Heater / AC controls - help identify please! - 05/24/12 05:01 PM

Thanks guys. Hey thats good - I like the one on the left better anyways. Where is the main vacuum input to the controller to do a bench test - I'll check my book but not sure if it shows that.

Thanks!
Posted By: TexasMopar

Re: Heater / AC controls - help identify please! - 05/26/12 08:43 PM

I have a 71 SuperBee and it has the controller like the one on the left.
© 2024 Moparts Forums