Moparts

B/E exhaust manifolds on a 67 C body?

Posted By: biginchmotor

B/E exhaust manifolds on a 67 C body? - 05/12/12 10:07 PM

I have a 67 Fury that I am working on. I need a set of exhaust manifolds as the originals are long gone. 440 car. Not concerned about original this or that, just thinking if someone has tried a set of B or E exhaust manifolds on their C body. Car has power steering. Thanks John.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: B/E exhaust manifolds on a 67 C body? - 05/12/12 11:05 PM

The passenger sides are configured the same, so any B body manifold HP or not should work fine.

The left side manifolds are different. B body manifolds CAN work in a c body but it puts the outlet very close the steering column and requires a tight bend.

C body HP manifolds aren't hard to find. I believe there's some in the engine classifieds here right now.
Posted By: biginchmotor

Re: B/E exhaust manifolds on a 67 C body? - 05/13/12 01:56 AM

Thanks for the reply, are the C body exhaust manifolds specific to C body cars? Any part numbers to look for in particular? Thanks John.
Posted By: 440newport

Re: B/E exhaust manifolds on a 67 C body? - 05/13/12 03:18 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the reply, are the C body exhaust manifolds specific to C body cars? Any part numbers to look for in particular? Thanks John.

I'm not an expert on these, but I know the driver side is. I don't know all the part numbers but the most common left HP manifold is 2863409.
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: B/E exhaust manifolds on a 67 C body? - 05/13/12 03:28 AM

Right side manifold is the same. I put a pair of b-body manifolds in my old 69 Polara. The only problem was the head pipes I had didn't fit the "C" real well, but if you have a muffler shop make them up, you'll be fine.
Posted By: 67_Satellite

Re: B/E exhaust manifolds on a 67 C body? - 05/13/12 12:54 PM

Ran the high perf. B body manifolds in a 66 Newport for years. As stated, the driver side needed a fabricated head pipe ,there won't be a factory repop to fit. Local muffler shop had no problem making one. The bend wasn't really all that tight to make it clear,and I doubt it cost much power if any. It was nowhere near as tight a restriction as an A body manifold has in the manifold itself.
Posted By: gch

Re: B/E exhaust manifolds on a 67 C body? - 05/14/12 12:59 AM

I have a C body drivers side HP manifold I will likely never use.Shipping sucks as they are heavy but if you want it let me know and we can work something out.
© 2024 Moparts Forums