Moparts

Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe

Posted By: MileHighDart

Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/04/12 09:46 PM

So I'm trying to install this bumblebee stripe on my 68 Dart, but it seems to me that things aren't lineing up right between the trunk piece and the side pieces.

Trunk piece is installed.
Trying to line up the side pieces basically straight up and down, but where it wraps over the top to connect to the trunk piece, it angles backwards a few degrees to meet the trunk piece, see the pics.
Is this correct ? or should it go straight across the top from one fender top to the other ?

Attached picture 7192427-S5003583.JPG

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/04/12 09:47 PM

If I try to align the upper sections so its straight with the trunk stripe, then the side is at a weird angle and shoots right off the back of the fender.

Attached picture 7192429-S5003584.JPG
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/05/12 03:20 AM

I think the side pieces are left and right specific. Swap your decals to the other side and try to line them up again...
Posted By: JOES4FORTY

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/05/12 04:08 AM

Click on the GTS Registry link in my signature. There are plenty of 1968 photos to use for examples.
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/05/12 04:09 AM

My stripes have a v on the trunk. It points toward the rear of the car. I'll try to find a picture of it. Don't know if you can see it on this picture. I can try to take one in the morning.

Attached picture 7192873-garagepics1.jpg
Posted By: JOES4FORTY

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/05/12 04:12 AM

Here's pic of my old 68 GTS....the stripe did have a little arch towards the back on the deck lid.

Attached picture 7192881-Mini-Nats.jpg

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/05/12 05:00 AM

Quote:

I think the side pieces are left and right specific. Swap your decals to the other side and try to line them up again...

That was of course the first thing I tried. I've tried both pieces on both sides of the car. Same problem either way.

I'm thinking maybe the trunk piece is suppost to have sort of a V shape to it which follows the shape of the back end of the trunk lid. If it did then maybe the side pieces would be angled correctly to meet up.
Heres a pic I found of a dart witht the stripe shaped like the trunk lid.

Attached picture 7192953-DartStripedecklid.jpg
Posted By: GTSfanatic

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/05/12 12:27 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That was of course the first thing I tried. I've tried both pieces on both sides of the car. Same problem either way.

I'm thinking maybe the trunk piece is suppost to have sort of a V shape to it which follows the shape of the back end of the trunk lid. If it did then maybe the side pieces would be angled correctly to meet up.

Yes, that's the way it should be.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/05/12 03:56 PM

Where did you get the stripes? Indeed the trunk stripe is wrong and needs to be removed before it makes an impression on the paint!

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/05/12 06:00 PM

Quote:

Where did you get the stripes? Indeed the trunk stripe is wrong and needs to be removed before it makes an impression on the paint!

Got it from ChallengerGary, I know lots of other guys here have bought from him so I thought I'd give him a try.
Posted By: 70HemiGTX

Re: Problem installing 68 Dart BB-Stripe - 05/05/12 10:28 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That's what my stripe looks like.
© 2024 Moparts Forums