Moparts

any correct looking battery cables that don't cost $200

Posted By: triple_green

any correct looking battery cables that don't cost $200 - 05/03/12 04:04 PM

Looking to change out my battery cables with correct looking ones, do I really have to pay $200?

BTW, 68 Charger 383 HP car.

Thanks!
mark
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: any correct looking battery cables that don't cost $200 - 05/03/12 04:22 PM

Have you looked at all repop resellers or just the most expensive ?

Factory correct isn't cheap...
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: any correct looking battery cables that don't cost $200 - 05/03/12 05:04 PM

The Charger battery cable is a spendy unit, up to $250,...supposely DIXIE PARTS offers a "resonable" positive cable, I haven't checked out the quality of it yet though...just heard word

Perhaps he'll chime in with a current price and pic?....Hmmmmm
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: any correct looking battery cables that don't cost $200 - 05/03/12 05:12 PM

Quote:

The Charger battery cable is a spendy unit, up to $250,...supposely DIXIE PARTS offers a "resonable" positive cable, I haven't checked out the quality of it yet though...just heard word

Perhaps he'll chime in with a current price and pic?....Hmmmmm

i was just on the site on another tab, he has both resto quality and replacement quality cables. i didn't see replacement quality Charger but wouldn't just the B-body one work? they're $125.
Posted By: tubedriver

Re: any correct looking battery cables that don't cost $200 - 05/03/12 07:28 PM

I got one from some place mentioned on this board, it was only like 60-70$, really nice. Same as the 200+ ones...look and you'll find it.

http://www.rosevillemoparts.com/product_...roducts_id/1828
Posted By: Dixie

Re: any correct looking battery cables that don't cost $200 - 05/04/12 04:25 AM

Here is a post I did awhile back about our cables. You can read it and see if it's what you're looking for. The in-depth description is in the middle of the thread.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post6163854

Our regular non-Hemi positive cable is $110 and negative is $75. The $125 is with the part number tag which we no longer carry. It's the same cable, and you can buy the tag from one of the various companies that sell them if you want one. We will update that section of our site shortly. I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Also, they do come with the correctly plated nut and bolt for the terminal end.

Please call or email us with any questions.

Thanks,
Randy
Posted By: Furyman

Re: any correct looking battery cables that don't cost $200 - 05/04/12 01:50 PM

The cheap positive cable is an offshore repop made by goodmark.I,ve heard bad things about this cable....wrong guage wires,possibility of a melt down etc.I brought in 10 offshore repops of the 66-9 B and 10 70-74 negative cables...we had 100% failure rate...they would heat up and the cable end blew out of the lead head.The best cables are made by QQE in the USA.They are of OE quality ....correct guage copper wire,nice ends etc.They are a liitle spendy but money well spent in my opinion.
© 2024 Moparts Forums