Moparts

clutch pedal switch

Posted By: cudablues

clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 05:55 PM

Part #3488177,on a 73 Cuda.Cannot find the # in my service manual or parts manual.Also looked online,but no luck.Attaches to the brake/clutch pedal assembly,and is operated by pushing the clutch pedal.I think its a safety switch for starting,but not sure.There is a little pin that sticks out from it and into a loop attached to the clutch pedal.I broke the pin off and not sure if its needed.Thanks for any help
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 06:02 PM

A couple of things..

The clutch pedal switch is a lever micro switch which is normally open and is closed when the pedal is engaged. When closed the switch grounds the starter control relay so the starter can turn over. These switches can be expensive..

You mite want to check with Wayne @ Brewers Performance, he has had these available.
www.brewersperformance.com
937-698-4259

Just my ...
Posted By: Snoopy

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 06:42 PM

P/N should be 3514432. P/N stamped on part may be different.

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 07:53 PM

Holy ****,290.00.Maybe i can figure a way to rivet a pin back on.What if i dont hook it to the starter?
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 08:15 PM

Quote:

Holy ****,290.00.Maybe i can figure a way to rivet a pin back on.What if i dont hook it to the starter?

Remember..
We warned you that it was pricey..

A simple fix..
Just run a short jumper lead from the lower rite terminal of the starter relay to ground..

Note now it will start in any gear even when the clutch pedal is not depressed..

Actually I prefer this way and have been running the RoadRunner for years this way.

Just my ..
Posted By: RTDaddy

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 08:32 PM

A relatively inexpensive microswitch with the arm bent as required does the same thing.

"IF YOU'RE UNDER CONTROL, YOU AIN'T GOING FAST ENOUGH."

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 08:33 PM

From the 70 FSM

Attached picture 4775961-StarterRelayWiring4Speed.jpg

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 10:21 PM

Well,i tried JB Weld,so ill see in a couple of days.If it wont hold, ill do the jumper fix.Thanks for the help
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 10:28 PM

With a reasonably heavy clutch starting the car with the clutch pedel depressed puts a lot of pressure on the dry thrust bearing. I would bypass it if it were working good.
Posted By: thrashingcows

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 10:28 PM

Is it just the tip that's broken off....I'd rivet a small "L" shaped piece to the main arm and go with it that way.
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/27/08 10:57 PM

Quote:

Gulp!!!

Re: clutch pedal switch - 10/28/08 12:24 AM

Quote:

Holy ****,290.00.Maybe i can figure a way to rivet a pin back on.What if i don't hook it to the starter?

That's a 70 only switch, although it will work on your car. I have seen the later model switches for a lot less on eBay. Usually NOS for below $100.
© 2024 Moparts Forums