Moparts

Axle housing studs versus B/RB exhaust studs

Posted By: gtx6970

Axle housing studs versus B/RB exhaust studs - 10/26/08 11:22 PM

Curious, are the double ended studs on the big block cylinder head to exhaust manifold the same as the center section mounting on an 8-3/4"

I had someone ask today, and I honestly don't know. I've never had one out of the rear diff.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Axle housing studs versus B/RB exhaust studs - 10/26/08 11:38 PM

IIRC, the mounting bolts on the 8-3/4" are a flanged head bolt, not a screw-in stud. I got some from a ford dealer. They were the same as the brake mounting bolts on a 8.8" rear.
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: Axle housing studs versus B/RB exhaust studs - 10/27/08 01:25 AM

I think I seen them for a 9" in the Jegs website.
Gus
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: Axle housing studs versus B/RB exhaust studs - 10/27/08 01:29 AM

8 3/4 housings have a knurled stud with a head on them. You can put the nut on them and pound them out. Think of a wheel lug stud. The trick I am waiting to hear is how to reinstall them. Pulling them in with the nuts does not work to well......
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Axle housing studs versus B/RB exhaust studs - 10/27/08 01:42 AM

the stud in the housing for the center I am pretty sure is the same as the studs on the end axle tubes .
Posted By: Pacnorthcuda

Re: Axle housing studs versus B/RB exhaust studs - 10/27/08 01:47 AM

Quote:

8 3/4 housings have a knurled stud with a head on them. You can put the nut on them and pound them out. Think of a wheel lug stud. The trick I am waiting to hear is how to reinstall them. Pulling them in with the nuts does not work to well......

C-Clamp and a socket over the stud portion
Posted By: pishta

Re: Axle housing studs versus B/RB exhaust studs - 10/27/08 04:22 AM

Quote:

Hmm, that worked fine for me 2 weeks ago, just make sure you have a clean thread and the proper tall nut.
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: Axle housing studs versus B/RB exhaust studs - 10/27/08 08:45 PM

Quote:

the stud in the housing for the center I am pretty sure is the same as the studs on the end axle tubes .

The center section studs are about 1/4" longer than the backing plate studs.

Mancini has a bubble packed hardware kit with all of the studs/nuts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums