Moparts

Where is your remote trunk release button?

Posted By: closer9

Where is your remote trunk release button? - 03/19/12 04:15 PM

Going to start working on mounting up my remote trunk release I got out of a 5th Avenue. Just curious where others have mounted their button. I don't think I'll be using the 5A button, and I don't want it in the glove box... but may end up there. Want it either out of sight, or "hidden" in plain sight...
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 03/19/12 05:23 PM

I don't have one, but it would be easy to re-task the windshield washer button, I never use that anyway... Wouldn't want the windshield washer solution on my paint...
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 03/19/12 09:29 PM

I just have a momentary toggle under the dash frame. Left pops the hood, right pops the trunk. Works for me. You could do a push momentary in the same location and it wouldn't be very obvious.
Posted By: Not_A_Duster

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 03/19/12 10:00 PM

A small momentary push button on the bottom of the dash frame, left of the steering column. Totally out of sight, yet I can reach in through the drivers side window and pop the trunk.
Posted By: bb74swngr

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 03/19/12 10:16 PM

I put mine in the glove compartment on the left or drives side of the box. Sorry no pics.
Posted By: BDW

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 03/19/12 10:41 PM

Do you have a console?

Posted By: Pyper70

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 03/20/12 12:45 AM

on my 70 Dart I had mounted a small dime sized push button hooked up to a small relay. The button was located inside the ashtray area under the radio. Next to the cigarette lighter. From either side you could reach in and push it. I tried installing it on my 69/70 Charger but the latch on the decklid is far too short and it bottomed out before it clasped
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 03/20/12 02:20 AM

My son's is in the console ashtray area of his Dart. So is the re-tasked LeBaron convertible top switch.
Posted By: closer9

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 03/20/12 03:14 PM

No console. However, my thought so far had been to put it at the bottomw of the dash, far left. I have some small momentary switches. I'll see how that goes for now.

Eventually I plan on adding RKE and trunk release, but that will be a while. I've even been working a little on a remote start for carbs. Shouldn't be too bad. Will probably experiment more with the K5 (assuming I don't get it switched over to EFI first)before trying it on the Mopar.
Posted By: DirectSubjection

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 05/07/12 02:03 AM

I hooked mine up to the little red button on my Hurst pistol grip quarter stick.

Button also starts the car, added a selector switch - I was bored lol.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: Where is your remote trunk release button? - 05/07/12 02:07 AM

My old 74 dart had one mounted on the bottom of the dash beside the map light switch. The trunk pop switch looked factory.
© 2024 Moparts Forums