Moparts

six pack center carb question

Posted By: ozz383

six pack center carb question - 03/07/12 02:08 PM

I have a set up I'm rebuilding for my bee on the center carb bowl ther is a lever that has a rubber stopper on the end that covers up a hole in the top of the bowl. What is this for? also the way it sits with the butterflies closed it holds the lever so that this hole is open,this doesent seem right to me. I.ve looke at some other set ups on line but they have a different style bowl that has a piece that bolts to the top of bowl. I'm just confused, at work now so no pics of it.Mabey some one has a pic or able to explain if this is right. thanks for any info. ozz
Posted By: lewtot184

Re: six pack center carb question - 03/07/12 03:32 PM

it's a bowl vent. there's no problem setting it up per spec.

Re: six pack center carb question - 03/07/12 03:45 PM

So its supposed to be open at idle and closed at W/O throttle? and does anyone know the spec or adjustment? Thanks
Posted By: jlatessa

Re: six pack center carb question - 03/07/12 03:53 PM

Mine closes at part throttle...just off idle.

Joe
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: six pack center carb question - 03/07/12 04:06 PM

There are three different bowls,one with no vent,vent with tube and this one,probably what you have,closed at any point off idle is correct.

Attached picture 7107450-Picture505.jpg
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: six pack center carb question - 03/07/12 04:15 PM

Mine is plugged off with a tiny brass plug. Scott told me its fine that way
Posted By: 72roadrunnergtx

Re: six pack center carb question - 03/07/12 04:24 PM

Here's a old thread with some details on the purpose of the bowl vent valve as it was designed, including some varying ideas on reverse engineering.
BTW, all stock Chrysler built cars with Holley six-packs had one of the two bowl vent valve styles.

Re: six pack center carb question - 03/07/12 05:09 PM

Thanks guys! It just seemed funny it would be open any time it sets. thanks again ozz
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: six pack center carb question - 03/07/12 11:22 PM

Quote:

BTW, all stock Chrysler built cars with Holley six-packs had one of the two bowl vent valve styles.

All but some of the first A12 cars.
© 2024 Moparts Forums